Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Home with my 911!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 04:37 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a delightful post. I really enjoyed reading it as I got vicariously caught up in your excitement.

Spilled a bit of coffee, the other week, in my SC. I shoulda known better! That led me to thinking, though. One of those really good thermos mugs, or a water bottle with a lid that won't leak would be idea, and a pretty good resting spot for it is between the seats, kinda propped upright by the parking brake.

Easy reach, no leak.

Congrats on your acquisition.

Brent
Old 07-28-2008, 04:38 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Ya, just search 'cup holder' both here and on pelican. There have been a variety of tricks and contraptions.

There is always the roll of duct tape tossed on the passenger side floor that will serve as a cup holder.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:38 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Say, would it help your arm position to angle the seat back...back somewhat? Or will that put you in too much of a recliner mode, and send you off to sleep?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by WitchDoctor
Say, would it help your arm position to angle the seat back...back somewhat? Or will that put you in too much of a recliner mode, and send you off to sleep?
I did try moving the seat bottom and seat back around various ways, and I'll keep tweaking. The thing is, if I get the seat back far enough to be comfy in relation to the window, I lose the secure bottom position. What I mean is, the flatter the seat, the less of a firm backing I have to for my backside when I press my legs forward to work the pedals. I end up kind of sliding around. I like to be very firmly planted in my seat so that my legs are free to do their thing in a way I can control. Does that make sense?

Regardless what I do to the seat back, I have a feeling the solution is going to involve extending the pedals, especially if I get a new wheel and get it set forward more than the original wheel that's in there now (what is that, barely an inch of clearance between wheel & dash?)
Old 07-28-2008, 06:33 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I had the same problem as you. Basically, to push the clutch to floor, my seat was so far forward my arm was near the side window and the visor was over my head.

Additionally, my seat wouldn't go high enough.

Fixes:
1) pedal blocks (you have seen my thread and there is more posted there today with details on construction).

2) seat elevation kit. It's an easy do-it-yourself kit from Pelican for about $75.

Also, my car came with the steering wheel extension which is great. It keeps my arms bent even with the pedal extensions.

I doubt you can heel-toe in a 911 without modifications . If you install blocks like I did, all you have to do is make the gas block thicker. Or, alternatively, buy the adjustable pedal from Rennline. It's pricey but sure looks good.

By the way, before I made the wood pedal blocks, I had these metal ones made. They are heavy duty, absolutely rock solid. The original rubber pedal covers fit them. I might be inticed to sell them if you're interested
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Home with my 911!