Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Defrauded by Sportech in Puerto Rico, beware of Carlos Nin!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 10:07 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by beamishnz
I'm so sorry ot hear that you are experiencing the same issues. I filed a claim through PayPal and got my money back. The guy is 100% a scammer. What name was he using with you and how did you pay? If you paid using PayPal then just open a claim ASAP.

People like this disgust me. Sadly there is only one language they understand and that is a damn good hiding but in the end I settled for a refund from PayPal... not a painful for him as I would have liked but not really practical to go to PR to confront him and these days I'm a little long in the tooth for those sort of confrontations
I paid for a G50/20 over 9k and no tranny yet. He used Carlos Morales as the name and the same address you mentioned. Damn I hate scammers. This amount meets the international fraud limit so will see what can do. OMG my project is dead now if I loose this kind of money.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:30 AM
beamishnz
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I know it is horrible feeling and this guy has been at it for years. He has rolled over some of the biggest tuning shops as well as many individuals. How did you pay? I'm pretty sure Carlos Nin is his real name... or at least the name he used to use. If you paid by PayPal you should be able to get your money back.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:10 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

OMG, I had UPS pick up the tranny on Friday and they confirmed it's on the boat. Will see when it gets here. Will update then. God hope my project can get back on track. Don't think I will buy anything except from Dealer or in person.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:45 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know what this cable is for? Also how to remove it? I am dropping the sub frame and this is what is left connected. Can't see how to remove it. This is a picture from another sub frame not mine but it has the picture of the cable.

How do I remove these two cables?
Old 11-24-2020, 12:25 AM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Does anyone know what this cable is for? Also how to remove it? I am dropping the sub frame and this is what is left connected. Can't see how to remove it. This is a picture from another sub frame not mine but it has the picture of the cable.

How do I remove these two cables?
@ocmacman what car is this? Might want to start a separate thread but be sure it’s in the right sub-forum.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:35 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

1996 Porsche 993.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:10 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

yeah wrong forum ... this forum is up to 89 ...

Quick Reply: Defrauded by Sportech in Puerto Rico, beware of Carlos Nin!