Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Need to vent - Porsche overload

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JABSEA
Also, don't look at the oil gauges. Car warmed up, level spot, engine idleing, use the dipstick. I'd check before you go and 4-500 miles into the trip just to see how consumption is going.
Watch your phrasing here. The oil pressure gauge is not something to ignore.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:00 PM
JABSEA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Ed. I should be more careful and I actually do look at my gauges, but check oil level with the dipstick!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Steely
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH MY GAWD is RIGHT. Best of luck - Excellent video! Enjoy the car.

As fate would have it - I have to tell you (you've probably left already) my wife and I will be flying to your beautiful state to pick up a cool southern car and drive it home as well. I definitely know what you're going through.

All the best,
Dan
Old 07-26-2008, 06:46 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Great looking car and sounds like its going to a great new home.
Dont think we need to tell you to enjoy it.
Have a safe trip and we look forawrd to new pics and stories of your adventure.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:54 PM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steely
OH MY GAWD is RIGHT. Best of luck - Excellent video! Enjoy the car.

As fate would have it - I have to tell you (you've probably left already) my wife and I will be flying to your beautiful state to pick up a cool southern car and drive it home as well. I definitely know what you're going through.

All the best,
Dan
Dan, where in AL are you going to buy your car? I wonder if it's one I've looked at? I assume it's a Porsche but you didnt' say that so..? Anyway have a great tip. Ours has been a blast so far!

Found a public computer to check in real quick - OH. MY. GAWWWWD! Hahaha! You should see the smile on my face! The first turn of the key and the engine roaring to life.....yow! Awesome!

So the trip to Houston was fine, and the car is...WOW! Loving it! The now-PO gave me a great little "tutorial" - let me know how the gauges usually show for him, and he demystified a few little quirks - along with the basics. He handed off all his books, records, manuals, and a whole raft of spares - fuses, belts, window glass, every single thing he had in the "Porsche drawer" in his (HUGE) garage. Plus he did do an oil & filter change last week and topped up what needed topping up, and sent me with his special Porsche funnel and some of the oil he's been using. Though he swears this car does not burn thru oil. So far soooooooooooo good!

One thing - It's so hard to get the freaking gas into the car! Modern nozzles and old Pcar gas tanks are not well matched. But we are burning it up and having a ball. It's been hot as holy hell. This is NOT a summer road trip car. But we took some back roads and found some great twisty passages and OH. MY. GAWD. Cannot wait to get it to the track.

OK time to crash. Long day. I can't wait to come back and check all the replies and post a link to the ridiculous video you know I will put together

Thanks for sharing the glee with me!
Old 07-27-2008, 03:13 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by VroomGrrl
Cannot wait to get it to the track.

OK time to crash. !
Old 07-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Rice
Instructor

I liked your video and you are going to have a great time with your porsche.

Congratulations, Rice

Quick Reply: Need to vent - Porsche overload