Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Car Starts!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Rice
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Starts!!!!!!!!!!!

I had posted that my car wouldn't start. It ended up being the alarm. While fixing my window regulator a month ago, I had accidently knocked off a connection for the alarm. The ticking coming from my dashboard was the alarm relay and it shut the car down - no sparks and no fuel.

I had tried everything to figure out the problem and finally decided to look in to the annoying ticking. Found the source of the ticking, and voila. I went to some forums and someone had posted that a body shop while painting had knocked loose a connection in the door causing the alarm to set. It sounded like my problem. In the meantime, I have a new distributor cap, rotar, dme relay, air filter and fuel pump flasher so car is running better than ever. (Thank goodness I didn't buy a fuel pump.)

I am going to look into doing some more projects such as new tires, valve adjustments, fix some chips, etc. Thanks again, Rice
Old 07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

good job. It sounds so simple, but if it isn't right in front of your face, it ain't so obvious. Now, the tire project...Take it to a shop.

Quick Reply: Car Starts!!!!!!!!!!!