Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Parts Car Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:52 PM
mjc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts Car Question

I have a general question for those of you who's parted out a vehicle; was it worth it?

I have a relative who considered donating his non-running, no-engined SC to charity but I want to buy it from him and strip and sell the parts.

Before I do that I elicit some comments and feedback to determine if it's worth the time, effort, and investment (as I'd certainly want to make something out of it).

Thanks much
Old 07-15-2008, 07:57 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Technically the parts should be worth more than the whole. However, it is a hassle, it will take a long time to sell them all off, there is more hassel dealing with a lot of 'for sale' adds and different buyers, and after about 3 months your wife will probably tell you to throw out all that 'junk'.

Just some things to think about. Personally, I wouldn't do it.
-matt
Old 07-15-2008, 08:04 PM
mjc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Matt ... Selling it part and parcel may have some benefits, I know the pieces are worth more than the sum of itself and that's why I'm considering it.

My other option is seeing that the car is in decent shape, is to buy an engine, drop it in and resell the car as it would be less hassle.

I don't know, as you mentioned, some things to think about, would like to know what others think.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I remember a Porsche dismantler out in Hayward. they may cut you a check for what is left of the car. If they picked it up and drove it away it may be worth not having to hasle with it. Then again if you dropped that 3.6 in it.......

Quick Reply: Parts Car Question