Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 12:54 PM
lfe132
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Alarm

Hello Everyone.
2 questions regard alarms for 84 to 89:
1) Does any one know how to bypass a factory alarm?
2) I know that Porsche made a plug to be put in place where the alarm harness plug is to bypass it, does anyone know the part number for that plug?

I have an '84 Carrera.
thanks.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Contact Jeff at Haas Auto Stereo in Culver City...
Old 07-07-2008, 02:11 PM
lfe132
Racer

Thank you Mr. Z. I'll do that.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Rice
Instructor

I think my alarm is stopping me from starting my car.

I replaced the dme relay, the fuel pump relay, the distributor cap and rotar and it still won't start. There is still the clicking from under the dashboard. Is the clicking sound the alarm stopping me from starting the car? I am not getting any fuel or spark.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:10 PM
911SC SKI
Advanced

Rice, youse's havin' some issues ma bro!

You could start by calling the guy that Pete mentions above and trying to get a bypass for the alarm but it is probably better to establish if there is an alarm first. There were some replies to your last post about establishing whether you have a factory alarm.

Can you get under the dash and find out where the clicking is coming from? If it is a factory or aftermarket alarm then you may be able to bypass it or remove it?

It does seem strange that you have neither fuel nor spark. Can you still hear the fuel pump? Did we ever establish if that was the Rrrrrrrrrrgh you reported earlier?

Did your original post state that the battery had gone flat over the weekend while you were away? That might have definitley tripped the alarm, if there is one, I believe?

(notice how I use 'might' & 'definitely' here to make it sound like I'm absolutely sure that something may have happened, I follow this closely with, 'I believe' so that no future reference or blame should realistically be attributed to my sole opinion. My knowledge of the 911 is really only two part.............I have one.......(I know this)......I have a great lust for it.......(I know this also).....those are the only things I can really be sure of)

One step at a time, stay cool, we can get through this.

I'd apologise for hijacking the thread, but I think you guys were finished with it anyway.........?

If you want to start a new thread called 'Help' or 'Lost in Space' then that might work as well.

Are you a member of the RAA or USA equivalent? If you are it wouldn't hurt getting a professional opinion if the vehicle is immobile somewhere and you need to get it moving.

Apart from that, sit tight and hope that someone a little less drunk at the moment and with a lot more mechanical nouse jumps in.

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm