Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Product feeler...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by douglas bray
So, I could use your equipment (board, switch, and chip) to find out someone else's chip program is better for my car that your chip program? That's gotta hurt. What I'm saying and what I think you are saying is I could stack different programs into the same car and test them all one after another to find the one that best fits me and my car. that one could be yours or it could be Steve Wongs, or anyone's. I see real world aplication for this. a car that is a daily driver and goes to autocross. Sweet.
You can indeed set it up just as you say. However, when using another vendor's products on this board you would have to contact them for burning the chip. Most aren't as free with their products as I am. But let's say you had a SW chip, and you want mine, his, and a stock, and a economy image. He could download the stacker program, or build the image himself as I'm sure he has that capability manually, and I would send gladly send him my image to load in as well. That might sound crazy, but if another vendor wanted to see my work all they would have to do is buy a chip under another name and have a look, so I don't worry myself over it, if it's going to happen, it will, no matter how closely I guard my work, so I'm of the opinion that I can trust other vendors with my code, as every one I have dealt with to date are all upstanding people with good business ethics.

I'll be away the rest of the day, have my son here this week, we're going to the children's museum, then the beach, then for a boat ride...

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I can think of a fellow rennlister that is pounding on his keyboard in full rage right now. this thread has got to hurt. Invent away Russell...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:47 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Russel,

I just got my car back from my trusted wrench and he stated he can not adjust my A/F Ratio any further with the chip I have. He has leaned her out all that she can go. I am this () close to going back to my Weltmeister Chip PO put in to stop the hunting and richness issues. I will try one more time to resolve with manufacturer.

Will your chip solve my too rich and hunting issues at Cold Start?

I have the 4K DME, M&K Pre-Muffler on OEM 1 in 1 out and K&N Filter

TIA,

Jim
Old 07-27-2008, 04:15 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by DRACO A5OG
Hey Russel,

I just got my car back from my trusted wrench and he stated he can not adjust my A/F Ratio any further with the chip I have. He has leaned her out all that she can go. I am this () close to going back to my Weltmeister Chip PO put in to stop the hunting and richness issues. I will try one more time to resolve with manufacturer.

Will your chip solve my too rich and hunting issues at Cold Start?

I have the 4K DME, M&K Pre-Muffler on OEM 1 in 1 out and K&N Filter

TIA,

Jim
Hi Jim,

How exactly is the wrench trying to adjust your AFR? My chips do negate the richness and idle hunting, unless there is another problem. Here's a quick test, let the car sit overnight, and before you start it, remove your oil cap. Start her up and drive her around, if your hunting goes away, you've got a recirc issue, if it does not, you have a chip or idle adjustment issue. I found this on my car when I accidentally left my cap on the back of the car and drove away. The hunting went away, and I checked the oil a few days later and realized I had lost my oil cap. Got a new one, hunting came back. Kinda strange...

But yes, on a well maintained car, the hunting and richness will go away.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-27-2008, 06:51 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Hey Russel,

Wow, Thanks for the Post Reply.

Wouldn't you know it, she does not hunt anymore ( only that time my Wrench and I test drove her ) but in the mornings, ICV Kicks in then I drive off keeping her under 3000 RPM's, she does sub dip and stalls at stop only when cold. Once up to proper operating temps she runs great does not stall but sub dips a bit on occassion.

He has set the Base Idle and tried to lean out the AFM at the allen screw adjust port underneath the AFM. I saw him do it and it is maxed out LEAN.

When I had the Weltmeister, there was absolutely no hunting.

I will try the oil cap off method. But with out the oil cap, won't it shoot oil into the engine bay? I just had it cleaned and would like to keep it that way for awhile. My Wrench has replaced all breather hoses and checked for Vacuum Leaks during an engine out Valve Adjust.

Will the "oil Cap OFF" method work for sub dips?

I am thinking it may be an Idle issue, I have 4K DME but OEM states 85 Carrera came with 2K DME. It maybe that my wrench may have set the idle to 800 per OEM Specs instead of 880 for the 4K DME. But if I raise the base idle that will cause more richness, would it not?

Sorry for being so all over the place.

Will be visiting the chip Manufacturer to check out the chip or my sick baby.

Jim

Last edited by DRACO A5OG; 07-27-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:10 PM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

UPDATE:

It was my AFM.

Swapped a Known Good Chip fresh off the presses still Too Rich and Sub Dips

Swapped AFM, Bingo! Fixed my AFM leaned to 14.7 (+/- 0.5) w/o O2 Sensor. With O2 Connected, Dead On! No Sub Dips, Smooth Shifting, No Lag.

Will post AFM Fix with Pics.

I found that it is absolutely important that your P-Car is perfect before updating the chip. My POs just bandaid the problem.

Sorry Russel for Jacking this thread.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Still a really good time for a Maxchip. Nothin' a little chip and octane can't hide.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Hey Douglas,

When you get your baby up and running I sure like to compare our baby's chip set up.

RSD,

Jim
Old 07-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

She's ready. I'm tellin' you, I have a heck of a ride. check for a PM
Old 07-30-2008, 02:31 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

Cool, a Drags Race is On :-)
Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

I said nothing about drag. This is LAX not SFO. If you want to dress funny I'm out. No, not that kind of out.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:27 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Default Bad news...

Hey folks,

A bit of bad news here. I bought this 911 to do products for this community. I've got about 22K of my own money in the development, and 30something hours on the dyno, countless hours street tuning with my LM-1. I've successfully developed both AFM and MAF kit for the 3.2L 911. I've given chips away, people have given their testimony as to the quality of my products. And yet, there has not been one single sale of these chips or kits.

I had planned to continue development, including a different metering system, and a tailpipe turbo kit with DME control. I've delivered Maxtune for the 3.2 911, and of course the multi-board for any car.

It's been almost a year, and with the lack of sales, I'm going to be forced to sell the 911 and try to recover some of my development cost. I'll probably move on to the 968 or 928 next. After both those are done, I'll be moving on into the bmw/audi/volvo/vw markets. I simply cannot justify dumping more of my own cash into a product line that isn't moving.

The chips I have developed, and the MAF kit will always still be available, there just won'e be any further product development. I deeply regret this situation as I had high hopes for the 3.2L 911 community. But just as soon as I get my new rims and tires on Rose, she's going on ebay. She does have a MAF kit, Maxtronic, and Maxtune, so I'm hoping I'll get AT LEAST what I paid for her.

Thanks so much to Douglas and Mark, and a few others that tried my chips at no cost. You guys have been great, but nobody is listening, nobody is buying, even though it is clearly the best product for the price.

I will continue to support the products, and maybe do some development in the future if I get a donor car. But for now, moving on is my only option. I'm sorry.

Regards,
Russell
Old 07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Russell, I can't believe this news. Your chip was by far the best thing that I have done to my car. It turned an old tired dog into one wild ride. I swapped the chip out several times and it was black and white. I'm so keeping the chip in.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:40 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

I was going to buy one as soon as I was back home and my suspension was sorted out. But if you are still going to sell them that's a good thing.

-matt
Old 07-31-2008, 02:00 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by old man neri
I was going to buy one as soon as I was back home and my suspension was sorted out. But if you are still going to sell them that's a good thing.

-matt
Hey Matt,

The chips and kits will always still be for sale, I've done all the development I needed to do on them. I meant I won't be doing further product development like the map kit and turbo kits for them. I had planned to have them done before the end of the year, but I'm in a catch22 situation. I need money to develop these products that I don't have right now. I sell the car and I will have money, but then I don't have a car to develop with. I tried for months to get someone to invest in this line by loaning me 13K against the car for 10-12 months of this product development cycle for 15K back when I sell the car, at that point it would be a turbo car. But the economy has hit everyone I know pretty hard, and no one to date has been able to extend such an investment. So the only option I have at the moment is to sell the car.

I've grown fond of this car, and have enjoyed playing with it. I really don't want to sell it, but it is what it is. I have mouths to feed and bills to pay...

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: Product feeler...