Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Auto Heat Switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:33 AM
911SC SKI
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Heat Switch

I posted previously regarding the Auto Heat potentiometer but got no takers as to where a replacement might be available. Pelican says, 'no longer available'.

Group 911 has kindly gotten back to me and has a second hand unit. Anyone know what a fair price might be?

Quote from my mechanic is below:

"Narrowed fault down to temp control potentiometer erratic resistance reading, that is the switch between the seats on the tunnel, needs to be replaced. Do you want to get the switch"

I've read through about one hundred and fifty billion posts on this subject but no-one mentions where a replacement might be available.

Will it be possible to test the resistance on the second hand unit before it is sent overseas to me? Does anyone have a manual handy that lists what it should test at? I'm currently at work in the Middle East and my trusty Bentley manual is with the mechanic (who's reply to emails is few and far between).

Cheers

Last edited by 911SC SKI; 07-02-2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Got a bit rammy with the keyboard ; )
Old 07-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

try a dismantler like www.911pcar.com It couldn't be that much could it? I have one, but it just sits there collecting dust.

Quick Reply: Auto Heat Switch