Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

J.D. Powers says Porsche #1 in class

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 02:14 PM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J.D. Powers says Porsche #1 in class

J.D. Powers latest car poll shows that the Cayman is #1 in the Sporty class. Good show Porsche.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I saw that, too. We were at our local dealer (drooling over the new Audi models) a couple of weeks ago and they had a couple of "satisfaction" reports lying around. For all that might be wrong with Porsche (arrogance, poor parts availability/distribution, dealer part mark-ups over "suggested retail", etc.) it appears that they are in a "build really good cars" period. The newest Porsche that I've driven extensively was an '05 Boxster S w/6-speed manual - that car was simply brilliant.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
JBO
Instructor

Some of us old school guys like to say "they don't build them like they used to", but that is probably a good thing, as in reality the build quality has improved substantially. Highly automated modern factories can do it consistently better. I have an SC, and sometimes I wonder why we rave about these loud, smelly, rough riding old cars with crummy A/C
Old 06-26-2008, 06:53 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by JBO
Some of us old school guys like to say "they don't build them like they used to", but that is probably a good thing, as in reality the build quality has improved substantially. Highly automated modern factories can do it consistently better. I have an SC, and sometimes I wonder why we rave about these loud, smelly, rough riding old cars with crummy A/C
cause it's all we can aford ?
Old 06-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Having been through the factory several times over the years I have to say that they don't build them like they used to,--thankfully! It's hard to believe, but they crank out a new 911 every 55 minutes, plus a 5 minute smoke break. (Yes,--they still do that at Zuffenhausen!) And the quality is evident throughout. I certainly loved my 1970s and 1980s Porsches,--but the newest ones are spectacular. (But I had to sell my soul to get one...)
Old 06-26-2008, 08:19 PM
flatsixnut
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JBO
Becuase thats exactly what I wanted. I cant think of one single car I would want as my #3 car, that can come anywhere close to what I have for the price. And if I could afford something more expensive...it would just be a more expensive "older" 911....prolly a 930....oh and it would be orange.

Quick Reply: J.D. Powers says Porsche #1 in class