Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New to this just saying hi

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Germancar90
Thanks everyone that means a lot. I was a little worried to post on here because i am so used to the bmw forums where everyone seems to have an attitude and jealousy issues, putting down one another's car. Its great to meet all of you. As for the color of my car its meteormetallic with a black interior. I had it aligned today so now its handles the way it should!!
I've never seen/heard of "meteor metallic" before...it's beautiful. Like many of the metallics, I'd bet it changes "hues" depending upon the light conditions...my car can go from appearing silver to having a "purpleish hue" depending upon the lighting. This forum is great and so is Pelicanparts imo (particularly for the older air cooled 911s), and many of us frequent both. Here's a pic of mine for comparison...I realize pics don't always come out "real", but I've seen my car appear the same color as yours in your pic.

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2008, 09:28 AM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice beamer. I also see some nice MKII golfs/jettas in the background, always had a soft spot for those.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Hooverwi
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow - Great looking car! Welcome to the board!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Germancar90
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KC911
I've never seen/heard of "meteor metallic" before...it's beautiful. Like many of the metallics, I'd bet it changes "hues" depending upon the light conditions...my car can go from appearing silver to having a "purpleish hue" depending upon the lighting. This forum is great and so is Pelicanparts imo (particularly for the older air cooled 911s), and many of us frequent both. Here's a pic of mine for comparison...I realize pics don't always come out "real", but I've seen my car appear the same color as yours in your pic.

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Thats interesting because i have seen my car next to a diamond blue metallic 911 and your color is much lighter. Both very beautiful and at dusk they both have purple hue that comes out but with the meteor its a very dark purple and with the diamond blue its much lighter your almost looks like a pearl. In the daylight yours looks much more silver where as mine is a mix between grey and a black metallic. Your car is beautiful i love it i was considering taking off the tail on mine i still cant decide. H4's are must though. Any ideas on where to buy them? Or if anyone has a used set hanging around that would be great as well. Thanks!

Thanks everyone
Old 06-24-2008, 01:30 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Thats interesting because i have seen my car next to a diamond blue metallic 911 and your color is much lighter....
If you compare the pic I posted with yours, mine is definitely "lighter". However, I would have lost big money (I would have bet bet up to $1 ) betting that yours was DBM from the pic, as I've seen my car appear to be "your" color at times. Sometimes the pics just don't do the metallic colors justice. You're right...most would call my car "silver" in the daylight. When I was searching, I wanted one with a tail, and I even purchased a used decklid and new tail to put on her...then the "clean lines" grew on me and I sold them both. As far as H4s...I don't know...you might post a WTB (want to buy) for them here or on Pelican, or maybe someone can steer you in the right direction. Have fun with your "new baby"...I know I have with mine.

Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 06-24-2008, 06:38 PM
irobertson
Rennlist Member

Hello and welcome!!!
Very nice looking car.
Looks like you have a 30 year head start on me, Hahaha.
When I was 17 I was building little Honda race cars.
I did have a lovely model of a 930 on my dresser though.
Wish I could have had a real one back then.

cheers
Old 06-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

As for the color of my car its meteormetallic with a black interior.
I think you'll find it is called meteor grey metallic. Porsche re-introduced it for the 997 recently (or introduced something called meteor grey, which may or may not be the exact same paint).

Fine looking 911. Congrats.

Brett
Old 06-24-2008, 07:43 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Beautiful car,..great color,..close to my silver metallic,..but a bit different (at least as far as the pic goes)..

...makes me want to remove my whale tail for a bit and stare at it....

...a bit of a different animal from the BMW,..no?

Best,

Doyle

Last edited by dshepp806; 06-24-2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-26-2008, 05:27 AM
allill
Drifting

Great looking car Alex!

Quick Reply: New to this just saying hi