Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

I'll never be cool

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:09 AM
jakeflyer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone who likes the TD or TC is good in my book.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

I did more homework yesterday about this car, sorry , I can't let this go as it is driving me nuts. I have written Classic and SportCar in the U.K. and sent a picture. No response as of yet. Maybe an Alvis? Come on English buddies, won't you have go? Several have suggested a Morgan but I thought Morgans had the headlights in the fenders, although the three wheel Morgans did not.
Anyone that can bring up Steve McQueen and Peter Sellers in the same story is clearly a person that knows the meaning of life. I still watch both mens movies today as though I had never seen them. Turns out that Mr. Sellers was a car guy as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
SpartanToJo
Instructor

Can you post a larger picture than you have in your avitar?
Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 PM
cal44
Burning Brakes

I have tried and the it has to large of pixels or size.....I am a computer idiot so when I read the note that it has to much something then I turn into a house cat and its bla, bla bla.
I will say I got out my loop and looked for any markings, words, etc. I do have the original photograph but found nothing. Jakeflyer, is that picture on a ranch/farm? I love ranches. Thanks all
Old 06-24-2008, 12:10 AM
jakeflyer
Pro

It looks like a MG TD 1950-52 or so. The TC had narrow fenders and tall skinny wire wheels, most of if not all of the TCs were right side drive( I never saw a left hand drive but heard of conversions).
Yeah it is a farm/ranch. In California 5 acres is a ranch. In Texas you gotta have 1,000 acres to claim ranch ownership, otherwise it is a farm-- even if you raise cattle. I am under 1,000 acres so I got a farm and have cattle, and a donkey, and a goat. The donkey and goat are for running with the cows to keep the coyotes off the calves.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:19 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

In San Diego your place would be......well, unheard of. I am drooling. In my pretend life I am a Cowboy. In my real life I think of my pretend life.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:07 PM
cmoss

Originally Posted by cal44
I thought I would take the '86 coupe out for a little spin before it got hot today, so I drove up to Del Mar on the coast and back home. Had the stereo on and windows down, just lovely.
I would come to a stop sign and folks would look my way, if figured they were looking at my way cool car.
Well they were. When I reduced the volume of AC/DC I realized that one of the ball joints was squeaking so bad you could hear fifty feet away.
Fifty eight years later and I still haven't figured out how to be cool. I wonder, what was McQueens secret?........ Hmmmmm
awwww, don't feel bad. What the hell, I'll think you're cool if you want.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:08 PM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Reminds me of when I was 16 and we went cruising through Palm Beach in my buddy's mom's little MB SL convertible. We thought we were high rollers until two hours later when we happened to notice the front vanity plate said "GAYLE".
Old 06-26-2008, 01:24 AM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Back end looks Morganish, though the angle is too great, I think. Front end, as far as I can tell, doesn't have the distinctive grill -- a bit like a cattle catcher from a steam engine, but convexed.

Ahhhh. Such a thing of beauty, a Moggy!

-Brent

Quick Reply: I'll never be cool