Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

How NOT TO TEST your Jack and Jackstands....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:55 PM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry ti hear about your friend. His friend, who own the truck, would feel very bad. One of my classmate died while he was changing engine oil, years ago. That made me scared getting under the car for a long time.

Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Went to a funeral last month....good friend...25 years in the automotive business...owned his own shop. He was always safety conscious and made me move back several times when I was looking over his shoulder as he worked on my car...... He was working on a friend's big 4 X 4 that the guy "just brought by" to his house over the weekendto have him check out something that was wrong with the tranny....just one of those dive under it real quick and check it out....slight incline to the driveway and somehow the truck slipped out of park as he was manipulating the linkeage underneath and it rolled over him and crushed his ribcage....he died on the spot. I only post this as a reminder...not to solicit angry comments about how dumb he was or how he shoulda' otta' done this or that.....he's dead...that's the lesson....that's the reminder.

Quick Reply: How NOT TO TEST your Jack and Jackstands....