Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Several Questions re: Blaupunkt Monterey

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008 | 11:40 PM
rbuswell
Pro

Question Several Questions re: Blaupunkt Monterey

I opted for the original look for my 1982 SC and installed a used Monterey SQR-23 bought from a fellow Pelican but no manual of course. Here are some questions for you radio experts:
  1. I need to get an always hot power source to the radio so the memory will keep working when you turn the car off. What is the best place/way to get that to the radio?
  2. What does the little half moon looking button do? When you turn it on the Infinity symbol on the station number indicator goes off. And what does the Infinity symbol indicate?
  3. There's a three way slide toggle in the middle of the station selector. One stop is labeled Lo, one is Dx and one is m. What to they do?
  4. What does the button labeled PS do?
  5. When you push in the L/R balance, treble and bass buttons, they stay in, push them again and they stay out but I'm not clear what the function is. What does the radio do when you adjust it either on the in setting or the out setting?

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2008 | 02:45 AM
DRACO A5OG
Racer

My 2 cents, and my clowdy memory:

1. Clock
2. Stereo/Mono = Infinity (Speakers)
3. I think those are i.e. Lo = Local Stations and so on. I would keep it on Lo for best local gain
4. PS I think it is for Prefered Stations or Program Scan
5. Out for Adjustment, In to keep them set.

Hope this helps
Old 05-27-2008 | 10:38 AM
rbuswell
Pro

Talking More answers!

Originally Posted by DRACO A5OG
My 2 cents, and my clowdy memory:

1. Clock
2. Stereo/Mono = Infinity (Speakers)
3. I think those are i.e. Lo = Local Stations and so on. I would keep it on Lo for best local gain
4. PS I think it is for Prefered Stations or Program Scan
5. Out for Adjustment, In to keep them set.

Hope this helps
Draco:

Of course, the clock! I also posted on Pelican and it was suggested that the wiring diagram should suggest a wire still lurking under there that was for the original radio since that had to be run before.

I also found out the PS is supposed to be CPS and it sets the cassette player to fast forward or reverse to the next track.

Again, thanks a bunch. You guys are the best!
Old 05-27-2008 | 03:58 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

i am not sure i would use the clock wiring . if i remember that is the same wiring that runs the inside lights and is a pretty fine guage relatively speaking. If you car runs the stereo with the ignition off you are powering your head amp through that wiring with some pretty decent current. i did find a subbstantial wire coming off my ignition switch that was power full time i used.

May work but i would look elsewhere first ..

Quick Reply: Several Questions re: Blaupunkt Monterey