Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Where did my cruise control module go? Pic Included

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scarceller
Yes it is hard to work near that tunnel!

Here's another way to test the Clutch Switch, simply remove it from the equation. Here's how: it looks like the clutch switch simply grounds the TempoStat relay coil and this causes the relay to cut the power to TempStat Motor. So if you remove the relay and jumper pins 30 and 87a on the relay plug you have hard wired the TempoStat motor to the controller and the Clutch switch will be completely ignored.

Of course only do this for TESTING because in this configuration the cruise will still work even if you press the clutch in and the RPMs will go through the roof.

This way you don't need to go digging at the Clutch switch till you know it's bad.

I cant do this to "test" anything because my cruise control wont even come on most of the time. Every once in a blue moon I cant get it to work.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by douglas bray
scarceller, the best part about this is that Oshin is a grad student at UCSB. He should be in a lab learning how carbon fiber works or about how some other building block of life is constructed in nature. But no........He is messing with a cruise control module on an old hot rod. The tax payers, his parents, and his employer all think he is doing research but really he is playing with a 21 year old Porche. Only in America. The really funny part is that he's most likely the top of his class.
I actually just work on the car in my few hours of free time lol. And yes I am a straight A grad student....but my qualification exam is in 3 months and I am FREAKING OUT. Doug I did follow your advice though....went out drinking and bar hopping last night and met some very very beautiful little ladies
Old 05-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't seem to find that advice anywhere??? Don't forget that they may have had beer goggles on.

Hello, I said they

Last edited by Amber Gramps; 05-17-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

You gave me that advice long long ago I met them at the first bar before I had any drinks, they were hot then, and they were hot at the end of the night too haha. Good times. I'll throw some photos out when more of the interior is out of the car. Is appbiz the best place to buy carpet kits?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:40 PM
scarceller
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oshin11
I cant do this to "test" anything because my cruise control wont even come on most of the time. Every once in a blue moon I cant get it to work.
If this is the case then I doubt it's your Clutch switch. Up in this thread I posted the diag procedure from the factory manual, maybe that will help.

Good luck.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Again I have gone through the factory manual, I have the manual. I am kinda at a loss, thinking about switching things one by one to see what it is. However, since I am a restoration psycho, my car will have to be done first.

Quick Reply: Where did my cruise control module go? Pic Included