Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Pics of my SC - the only sunny day in Scotland this year!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:51 AM
nicklouse10
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WitchDoctor
Hey, depending on just how locked in that weather gets, maybe it's a kind of a blessing, if it causes you to always experience a special feeling, like when as a kid, you took your bicycle out in spring, after it was put away all winter.

Nice sunny day befalls Scotland, out comes the car...Ohhh, I'm gettin' that "I can't stand it" feeling again.
thats just how I feel about it.

Jeff - I know what you mean. I really like the front end. I've often fantasized about mounting some 'missiles' in the brake cooling air ducts just for a laugh. You know the sort of thing: army green with bright orange tips, just poking out of the holes in the airdamn
Old 04-30-2008, 12:12 PM
BlackPearl
Racer

Great photos, great looking beach.

Couldn't help noticing for an SC you've got quite a few exterior mods (Turbo-look fenders, front and rear fibre bumpers, side skirts, front oil cooler, BBS wheels, twin-exit exhaust tips .. and of course, that beautiful 3.8 wing). So .... What's the powerplant? Here is SoCal that car would likely have a 3.2L or 3.6LL and live a dual life at the track (drool, drool......).

We should all be so lucky ...
Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
nicklouse10
Instructor

The oil cooler, wheels and widebody kit were on the car when I got it. All the fenders are steel. I put the skirts, bumpers and wing on it, and modified a standard exhaust to give it an additional tailpipe.
The engine is the original 3.0l (upgraded with hydraulic cam chain tensioners) Its in such good condition that I'm loath to swap it out for something bigger. Every time I've done this with previous cars I end up with reliability problems. Eventually I'll sell then and start again with a 930, doing similar mods... probably

I'm hoping to finish the interior soon, which also has a mass of upgrades. will post pics when its done (hopefully in couple of weeks)

cheers
Nick
Old 04-30-2008, 07:29 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

I have a similiar kit on mine. I also put the turbo motor in it. Its a 83 sc cab.
Attached Images      
Old 04-30-2008, 09:36 PM
lucroberts
Rennlist Member

Not bad at all.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:53 AM
nicklouse10
Instructor

That looks lovely!
are those HID's you've got there? I've been looking for a set for mine as the original lights are like driving about with a couple of small candles in front of the car.

There is a chap selling kits on eBay, but the kits are from the states, so will 'point' the wrong way and wont pass the MoT roadworthy test here in the UK

The other kits I've seen dont seem to be compatible with the cars lights.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 AM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Yes they are HIDs. They work great. They are a new kind that have a digital balist. They dont require any harness upgrade. They require very little power to run. I have been selling and using them for about 7 months and they work wonderfull and are the most reliable HIDs I have ever used.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:21 AM
BlackPearl
Racer

Originally Posted by nicklouse10
The oil cooler, wheels and widebody kit were on the car when I got it. All the fenders are steel. I put the skirts, bumpers and wing on it, and modified a standard exhaust to give it an additional tailpipe.
The engine is the original 3.0l (upgraded with hydraulic cam chain tensioners) Its in such good condition that I'm loath to swap it out for something bigger. Every time I've done this with previous cars I end up with reliability problems. Eventually I'll sell then and start again with a 930, doing similar mods... probably

I'm hoping to finish the interior soon, which also has a mass of upgrades. will post pics when its done (hopefully in couple of weeks)

cheers
Nick
Nicely done, Nick. I modified my exhaust on the standard 3.0L to have two exits as well. Nice 'breathing' for the track, and great sound. I can understand your retisence for changing out the stock engine ... they are bullet-proof powerplants. Overall you have one of the nicest SC's out there. If you have done engine swaps before, what were the issues? I've heard dropping a 3.2L in an SC is not too terribly difficult.

Jbrown: good work. I see you have a passion for 400+ HP (the 'Vette is my clue). Any problems with the conversion to turbo? That is a fine ... and no doubt fast ... 'former' SC. (Oh yeah ... hope you upgraded the Trans and brakes, too.)

I can't put pic's on this forum, but I can say I've completed the restoration on my '83SC with great results. I'm just finishing the final touches on the down-the-length-of-the-car-on-both-sides key damage wroght by an enemy of the PO. (Poor car suffered the hostility of a passive-aggressive Wussy.) This is my second recovery project, and like the first, it is both a class-winning driver and a good looking Triple-Black representation of what Ferry and Butzy envisioned. (Thus the monicre: BlackPearl.)

Nick: looking forward to the interior pic's. Hope you have another sunny day for driving soon.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:21 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Black Pearl, I have a short geared 4 speed turbo tranny. I can only do 140 but it gets up there super quick. I did not upgrade the brakes yet. That is my next step. Believe it or not it stops pretty good. MY car is all fiberglass , so it is pretty lite. I also hope to get the roll bar in soon to. I do fabrication so I did all the work myself. My interior looks better than the outside. I also have a grill on the front now to protect my front mout oil cooler, so the front looks much better now. I will show some updated pics soon. The vette is not mine. It is a customers. Yes I am a HP junkie.

Quick Reply: Pics of my SC - the only sunny day in Scotland this year!