Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Slots or holes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:03 AM
AJ88CAB
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JV911
its intersting that people say that they wouldnt get cross drilled rotors yet porsche have been fitting them as standard equipment for years

?
True enough, but not on the Carrera. It's a heat thing. As was mentioned above they are OK for street driving, but they will crack if used on the track.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 AM
Sailmed
Three Wheelin'

Location: In the boatyard installing the mast and engine, we don't need a crane, we harness the mesquito's! Yeah!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Well, the previous OE rotors only lasted 242 months so I figured I would see how long the drilled ones last. If I next post on this subject in or after the year 2028 we know the drilled are as good as the non-drilled. If I post prior to 2028, we know they ain't as good.
Having posted prior to 2028........

Originally Posted by douglas bray
the slotted ones look cool too, and they won't create as much dust as the drilled ones. drilled rotors act like cheese graters.

.....So with the slotted ones the dust comes off like potato chips instead of hash browns?
Does this mean the "they ain't as good"?

Old 03-27-2008, 10:21 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

OHHHHHH ..... SLOTS AND HOLES ..... !!!!! .. sorry alll .....I misread .. though tit was something toatlly of topic .... thought you were talking about the red light district...

continue ...

Quick Reply: Slots or holes?