Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Price reduction, or...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Uh, John, how about under $3K?

Sheeeesh, there's your part it out project!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter Zimmermann
Dude! Un-restored perfect condition with one respray a long time ago. That paint still looks wet! I like the incorrect mirrors, which are mounted so crooked you probably can't use them. Nice crack in the dash, the photographer couldn't get any lower. The headliner looks like it was harvested from a dead Pinto, but the seats are cool - NOT! It's got a chin spoiler, never mind that it's not correct for a '74 Carrera. I wonder where the outer sunroof seal is; is it with Waldo? Can you find it? Maybe it's with the bolt that didn't find its way back into the lower hinge for the right door. I like the wide wheels, too bad the car had to be raised two inches for the tires to clear. But, Douglas, best of all, are the color-matched motor mounts!

Good grief!

Originally Posted by WitchDoctor
You just eye-balled that car from 39k down to under 6 from a few snapshots.
No kidding!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:47 PM
tshore
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lack of A/C may be an issue for some buyers. If you have the parts, why not put them on and charge it up? Better to say "A/C blows cold" than "A/C parts inlcuded".
Old 03-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

That's certainly something to consider, but because such an amazingly small percentage of SC owners care about A/C I figured that, rather than add the cost of fixing the A/C to the price of the car, that I'd leave that option for the new owner to decide.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:07 PM
whalebird
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Evan with the A/C hooked up and charged, truth in advertising would be compramised by "blows cold". Everybody knows a/c in these cars don't blow, but suck. I would'nt put a lot of credance in a/c on a pre '90s 911. Evan then they are marginal. A car like this will go to a descriminating buyer and a/c would be a consecion. I wish I were in the market for an SC - I would get a oneway ticket to Cali. and take two weeks getting home with the windows down.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by whalebird
I wish I were in the market for an SC - I would get a oneway ticket to Cali. and take two weeks getting home with the windows down.
Better wait another month - you might have problems with icicles along the way!

Seriously, my thoughts about SC A/C parallel yours, there is just no point in having it, it's a really expensive system, and in most parts of the country it just won't keep up during summer use.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Stevie 77 930
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my way thru Bakersfield over the weekend, and stopped by to see the beat up, high mileage, worn out no A/C 911 SC...........YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW NICE THIS CAR REALLY IS!!

Quick Reply: Price reduction, or...