Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

how does the headlight attach on the older(74) models???

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 01:52 AM
R. Santore
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down how does the headlight attach on the older(74) models???

i was going over railroad tracks and my right headlight just popped out!!! i noticed there was a screwhole at the bottom and it was missing.. is that the only screws? i see two other screws on the lower left and upper right.. the upper right looks like an adjusting screw, the lower left looks like it needs to be threaded through a little metal bracket with a hole.. also what kind of screw do i need? i cant find one that will fit!! anyone with advice, i'd appreciate it, the whole 200MPH tape idea doesnt look good
Old 05-31-2002, 02:09 AM
A Quiet Boom
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the same problem on mine, I found I needed to bend the top clip upwards a little bit, then I retapped the bottom hole and used as stainless steel screw with a "counter sink" type head about two inches long. No troubles since.
Old 05-31-2002, 08:22 AM
david914
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

The only screw that holds the headlight assembly in is the one at the very bottom (6 o'clock). The upper portion is held by the lip on the upper portion of the headlight bucket. The headlight may just not have been properly installed. Just make sure the top lip is good and secure as you tighten the screw.

Quick Reply: how does the headlight attach on the older(74) models???