Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

where is the cheapest place/dealer to get factory parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008 | 03:16 AM
hkiang
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default where is the cheapest place/dealer to get factory parts?

where is the cheapest place/dealer to get factory parts?
Old 01-17-2008 | 04:36 AM
SeattlePorsche
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love pelican parts.
Old 01-17-2008 | 08:46 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Everyone seems to be quite competitive. I have seen differences in prices from pennies to $10.00 per item between automotion and Pelicanparts, but sometimes one is cheaper, and sometimes it's the other. Pick a few places and check each one before you order I guess. I have only ordered from Pelican Parts so far in my short time as a Porsche owner and have been very satisfied.
Old 01-17-2008 | 08:53 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

Well I guess we need to analyse your question a little more. If you want "factory parts" then you would mean OE pats ( Original equipment ) Most of these parts are available through the dealer and some at pelican.
For after market parts that are OEM parts ( original Equipment Manufacturer ) there are lots of places, these parts may be from the same manufacturer of the company that Porsche originally contracted the part source to , but may not be the same exactling standards with the Porsche logo on it.

If you want original factory i would say stick to the dealer. if a aftermarket suppier such as Pelican or Autohausaz supplies an original Porsche part through there system , it will ususally say so in their description , and usually they carry a higher price.

ice
Old 01-17-2008 | 11:20 AM
KCPSG
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pelican or Vertex are both good. It mostly depends on the parts you are looking for, I just recently found the dealer to be much, much cheaper than was pelican or any other vendor I usually use. When you have a need for something...just search the internet. You may find that if you need several items, it may be cheaper to buy from one vendor otherwise you will end up paying shipping from several different places. Search & compare...
Old 01-18-2008 | 10:48 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

At least for later Porsches, I have always heard that Sunset (Porsche dealer in Oregon) has the best prices. You might also look at Stoddard in Ohio; I buy a lot of my 356 parts from them; very good people to deal with. They have a great online catalog with prices that includes sections for early 911s.
http://stoddard.com/parts.shtml
(They give the 10% PCA discount too.)
Old 01-19-2008 | 04:21 AM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

As far as the best prices for genuine Porsche parts, I would have to say that I have the best prices and customer service, from Brumos Porsche in Florida. It may have changed since I bought the tensioner kit from them when I replaced the tensioners on my 3.2. I was able purchase the complete kit, that included new oil lines, new covers, both tensioners, all of the hardware, gaskets and o-rings...EVERYTHING that you could possibly need. Shipped cost, $ 345.99. This was a Genuine Porsche Parts Kit. I couldn't get just the tensioners at that price from most places. Also, after I installed the new tensioners, I sold the brand new covers, and other odds and ends from the kit, that I didn't use, for over $225.00. So, my new tensioners actually cost me about $40.00 each. EXCELLENT!!
Old 01-19-2008 | 08:14 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You get a 15% discount from Performance/Automotion, if you are a PCA member.
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:51 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by newsboy
You get a 15% discount from Performance/Automotion, if you are a PCA member.
What? I didn't even no about a 15% discount if you were PCA member..that changes the math calcs a bit, no? I've not ordered from them (yet) but am glad to have that information (guess I missed it while perusing the catalog?/

THANKS!!

Best,
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:53 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

I might say (however) that Pelican is STILL my primary source (i.e.,: the price differential would have to be considerable to sway my loyalty......as their Technical Board is priceless...(as is this one)..

Best,
Old 01-19-2008 | 11:41 PM
Sailmed
Three Wheelin'

From: In the boatyard installing the mast and engine, we don't need a crane, we harness the mesquito's! Yeah!

Originally Posted by dshepp806
What? I didn't even no about a 15% discount if you were PCA member..that changes the math calcs a bit, no? I've not ordered from them (yet) but am glad to have that information (guess I missed it while perusing the catalog?/

THANKS!!

Best,
Suncoast Porsche gives 15% off for PCA club too. Pelican is great!
You never know about a discount until you ask

I've found the best prices and quick shipping from Lufteknic when I did the 2.7 cases. It really depends on what you need.
Old 01-20-2008 | 09:19 AM
equality72521
Racer

Beechmont Porsche in Cincinnati also gives a PCA discount which nearly always makes them cheaper. If, however, they aren't cheaper they will price match any online price.
Old 01-20-2008 | 10:27 AM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

Exclamation Porsche Parts

As you can see, the pricing is different from place to place, and at different times. You have many options to choose from. Dig around a little, because there can be a large difference in pricing. Good luck!! Tony.
Old 01-21-2008 | 10:08 PM
sig_a
Pro

Originally Posted by equality72521
Beechmont Porsche in Cincinnati also gives a PCA discount which nearly always makes them cheaper. If, however, they aren't cheaper they will price match any online price.
Beechmont Porsche/Cincinnati is a top notch dealership in a top notch city. They also give solid installation advice in addition to competitive pricing, on or off-line. I've lost interest in Pelican. Over rated in my humble opinion.
Old 01-22-2008 | 01:12 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

Many of us with the later cars have been now going to SUNSET Porsche in Portland. (They also have a website)

Quick Reply: where is the cheapest place/dealer to get factory parts?