Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

where is the cheapest place/dealer to get factory parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:46 AM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Pelican isn't the cheapest. However I do like their customer service.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:23 AM
stv951
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone uses or used Autoatlanta ? Are they safe to work with as I am from abroad ? Are they also cheap ? Ive used Pelican many times and they are very good
Old 01-22-2008, 08:54 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

I've used Pelican, DC Automotive (They stock some new parts - filters, caps etc) and my local place European Performance in Raleigh (Only charged me $1 for 6 fuel pump sealing washers and $14 for a set of Porsche CV bolts for one axle)

and last but not least for me- T-Hoff in Raleigh - (no shipping on parts not in stock) and they carry Swepco, ATE brake fluid,brake pads etc on the shelf for about the same price as online ordering.

John
Old 01-22-2008, 09:27 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on sunset. Great prices, and their service for me has been great.

Last edited by DAVISRILEY; 01-23-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
jpyles
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For my recent clutch job, I searched around and found very good prices at germanimportedparts.com. The parts I needed included the newer fork, g50 update kit, clutch kit, oil pressure sender, sound pad and various seals. They were helpful on the phone, free shipping on orders over $75, and the parts came from FL to NC in two days. The only better price I found was for the clutch kit at Vertex, so all my parts came from either Vertex or germanimportedparts.com.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

stv951, Auto Atlanta is right down the street from me. They have a good reputation. I have a friend who stops by their often for 911 parts, as he saves on shipping. Personally, I haven't had my car long enough to buy a lot of parts, but this thread will be a good one to refer back to later.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:16 PM
hkiang
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys. I just ordered a set of factory 3.6 turbo wheels from Sunset. I can't say that they were cheap, but I understand that they would have costed more had I gone somewhere else.

Thanks again, Everyone.

Henry
Old 01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What are you doing with the ones on the car now? Fusch 7-8, 8-9 ??? for sale???
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 PM
equality72521
Racer

Originally Posted by sig_a
Beechmont Porsche/Cincinnati is a top notch dealership in a top notch city. They also give solid installation advice in addition to competitive pricing, on or off-line. I've lost interest in Pelican. Over rated in my humble opinion.
They are just as good with service. I stopped by to pick up some parts and my car wouldn't start when I tried to leave. The service manager sent out a couple of techs to help me while he called around for quick advice on my problem. They solved my problem after three guys helped me with different diagnoses out in the parking lot and never charged me a dime. Call them and ask for Margo, she will treat you right. I needed to rebuild my CV joints before a show and the parts weren't going to make it in time. She called me the next day to tell me they were in. She had them shipped overnight so I could get the car ready for the show and didn't charge me for the shipping. When I thanked her she just said "I take care of my customers".
Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Sailmed
Three Wheelin'

Location: In the boatyard installing the mast and engine, we don't need a crane, we harness the mesquito's! Yeah!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3.2SLANTNOSE
It may have changed since I bought the tensioner kit from them when I replaced the tensioners on my 3.2. I was able purchase the complete kit, that included new oil lines, new covers, both tensioners, all of the hardware, gaskets and o-rings...EVERYTHING that you could possibly need. Shipped cost, $ 345.99.
I'd say it changed - I'm slowly rebuilding the 2.7 and just at this stage, so I called. $505.05 w/PCA discount and all.
Still looking - I guess I'll just go stock for now so I can make Sebring.
Then again - If I used the tow vehicle in my avatar and headed out now.....
Old 01-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

I've never had good luck buying parts from our dealership. I once compared between them and Pelican for a factory part and they quoted me almost twice the Pelican price.
DC Auto has a $75 minimum order or they won't ship it but they do have a lot of good used parts on hand.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:38 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris M.
I've never had good luck buying parts from our dealership. I once compared between them and Pelican for a factory part and they quoted me almost twice the Pelican price.
DC Auto has a $75 minimum order or they won't ship it but they do have a lot of good used parts on hand.

I had no problem ordering a $20 part from them last month.

John
Old 01-23-2008, 08:36 PM
equality72521
Racer

Are you sure the Pelican was actually OEM?
Old 01-23-2008, 11:08 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,119 Likes on 801 Posts

it could be OEM , but not necesarily OE
Old 01-23-2008, 11:54 PM
sig_a
Pro

Some dealership parts departments just don't think they have to compete for your business. But the owner of the dealership wants that inventory to sell as quickly as possible. You have to encourage them by negotiating on price. Pelican knows the marketplace well, and will not leave money on the table. Their prices for genuine porsche parts are virtually the same as the dealership if you haggle and are a member of PCA. In addition, internet vendors will always be at a disadvantage when it comes to service, convenience and freight. For a while, Pelican always had the best price. Not so anymore. Now my local dealership knows me and the sizable DIY customer base in the area.

Quick Reply: where is the cheapest place/dealer to get factory parts?