Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

cabrio top replacement choices

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 05:54 PM
dsmyth
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input on the install Tony. I am going to take it on as a February project. Another days research has uncovered that one does need to pay just over $800.00 for a real german material top. You can get close for under $600. but not exact. In fact the less costly one will probably last longer , look very close, but not exact. I have some thinking to do, oh no... Doug
Old 01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

Just one more little tidbit of information on the two piece cab tops, [B]ALWAYS, UN-ZIP THE REAR WINDOW SECTION BEFORE TRYING TO PUT THE TOP DOWN[B] If you don't, it will begin to destroy your new top very quickly, so take your time to make sure when folding the top down, it folds correctly, so it does not put the new fabric in a serious bind. Doing it this way, the new top should last for many years. Again, if you feel like getting more information on the removal and installation, don't hesitate to buzz me, and I will try to help you. Good luck!! Tony.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
dsmyth
Rennlist Member

Default new top coming -going for a DIY

Dont anyone try to talk me out of it, I am going for a do it yourself, lots of free time in January. Does anyone have the booklet that is apparently published by one manufacturer for removal and installation,or any pictures from a DIY? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone for your assistance so far. Doug
Old 01-06-2008, 12:53 AM
v8_ranch
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

please share whatever inof you get please. I would love copies of anything having to do with it, just in case I get the dunb bug again...

You could email it to me at shane@scwdp.com

Quick Reply: cabrio top replacement choices