Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

porsche dealer # 1223

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default porsche dealer # 1223

I solved a huge mistery today to only open up another one. I took my VIN# to the local dealer and asked for the service history. I got a print out showing finished date of production:10/15/87, date of retail delivery: 12/14/87, retail delivery milage:26, the option codes ..... model: and year 911/640 1988.

They wouldn't give me the current owner's name but did let it slip that the car was built for and delivered to a guy I will still call "Prof. Thomas" who was the previous owner....So...the P.O. is the O.O.

So, my question is who is dealer #1223? They are the only ones that will have the service records on the car. According to Walter's Porsche here in Riverside, CA only 1223 serviced the car and only 1223 will have the records. According to the current dealer in Columbus Ohio it was Giganti Porsche that is now out of business. That name comes back to me as a dealer in Indiana. My real question is how do I get the dealer service record. How long ago did 1223 go out of business(how long has it been since my car was serviced) or who took over the service on the customer base?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:54 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Don't know how to help you here, but I also have the same problem with my 924S. Several dealers who serviced it have gone the way of the dodo, with no records to be had.
I even have old business cards from the service managers back then..cant find them either...
Old 01-04-2008, 11:57 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug,

My google search shows that Giganti was an Indy dealership. The owner, Russell Giganti died in 2001 (reported in Automotive News).

Since the car was originally in Indy, you might check with the other dealership there. Tom Wood I think it is?? They may have records.

Also, if it's Midwestern Auto Group you were talking to in Columbus... well, let's say I have never found them to be very helpful about anything.

So if you haven't called Byer's Porsche/Audi/VW in Columbus they may be more useful. Try them. They sponsor the local PCA club and if you get the right person they may help you if there is a way.

Only other thing I can think of is that I would guess that a local dealer would have to dump their warranty info into the Porsche USA offices. How else can one dealership access another's? And they do that all the time when people travel or move. Maybe the info isn't archived for 20yr old cars though.

Good luck and let me know if there's anything here in Columbus I can do for you. But don't send me to MAG - they suck!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Young lady, you are on the mark. The first dealer I called was Byer's and they pointed me to the Tom Wood name in Indy. they said they think that is where the Giganti customers went. It was after hours out there when I was looking and then I got busy and gave up. Porsche does keep a record of the dealers that service the car and 1223 was the only one on the list. they also keep a record if the car had any "repairs" done under warantee and this one didn't. I got a really cool print out. I have to assume that the car was in good health the first two years of life 'cause they only offered a two year warantee.

Quick Reply: porsche dealer # 1223