Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Just a quick little rant on why I hate everyone...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Paul523
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LaughaC
... Everyone here is very fortunate not to have to spend much time in life worrying about the petty crap desperate people do. Volunteer a few hours working in a soup kitchen and you'll wish their problems could be solved with money alone.
Be thankful.
^ Good perspective.

Sorry abt the incident, Hogan. Park away from other cars in garage whenever possible-- I mean >10 spaces away from everybody.... in parking garage go for the end of an aisle if poss. The hoodlums will be more reluctant to commit thuggery w/ decreased concealment.... although a packed garage on New Year's eve you might not have that option.

I agree on getting rid of any potentially attractive items in the interior, in fact leave glovebox hanging open if you can do it without killing the battery.

Another oddball thing I sometimes do if I'm parked at night for just ~1 hour is I leave the left or right parking light on (press turn signal stalk down/up after removing key, don't know if it works the same way on your '89)......but only bec I know that my battery can withstand the draw for 1-2 hours without going toes up.

Try pelican parts online for a replacement window seal if necessary, probably $20 or less if it's all that 's damaged...and keep the Porsche faith.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:08 PM
OhioMark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shannon:

Amen to that!!!

Mark
Old 01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Watch your language, young man.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:47 AM
cal44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything is a learning and hate is extremly draining. So that I can avoid feeling to much hate I never park the 911 on the street or leave it outside overnight. Always think ten steps ahead of a "potential" bad situation. I could go on but how does a person put a lifetime of experience on one page. So this is now what I live by.
A. Own a cheap get around car (Beater)
B. Garage (ALWAYS) the 911
C. Drive it only when the weather is nice
D. Treat the 911 with respect, they are not making the good ones anymore
E. Save your hate for Liberals

Last edited by cal44; 01-02-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Ked was right I mispelled the word liberal, thank you Ked
Old 01-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

5 Thumbs up!!! Good advice. The only one I may have an issue with is D-I'd take a GT3 in the stable....

Originally Posted by cal44
Everything is a learning and hate is extremly draining. So that I can avoid feeling to much hate I never park the 911 on the street or leave it outside overnight. Always think ten steps ahead of a "potential" bad situation. I could go on but how does a person put a lifetime of experience on one page. So this is now what I live by.
A. Own a cheap get around car (Beater)
B. Garage (ALWAYS) the 911
C. Drive it only when the weather is nice
D. Treat the 911 with respect, they are not making the good ones anymore
E. Save your hate for Liberials
Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 AM
ked
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Save your hate for Liberials"
seems some people just won't let go of that draining hate - even clouds their spelling.

Quick Reply: Just a quick little rant on why I hate everyone...