Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

BERU spark plug wire install question

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007 | 08:31 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Default BERU spark plug wire install question

I am an hour away from removing my stock BERU spark plug wires (vintage 1988) and replacing them with the current stock BERU blue wires. My question is what to do where they pass thru the holders on top of the fan. The stock wires have an extra thermal layer of black plastic. Every picture I can find shows no such covers on the wires. Am I o.k. just installing the wires or is something between the wires and the clamps that I am not seeing like a small strip of the original black rubber??? thanks guys.
Attached Images  
Old 12-27-2007 | 08:37 PM
old man neri
Drifting

I would just install the wires. I am not to sure as to what your problem is. Are your new wires thinner?

Again, slap them in, test drive the car to insane speeds, if a problem occurs....get back to us!

-matt
Old 12-27-2007 | 08:52 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

thanks Matt, I guess back in the day an extra layer of rubber was used to insulate from heat or vibration (I don't know) that made the wire across the fan much thicker. every where else they are the same as the new ones. I'll install, test to insane speeds, and get back to you if problems accur.
Old 12-28-2007 | 12:59 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

one hour forty five minutes and the car is as good as new. It setled the motor right down. I could tell the car doesn't hesitate. It smoothed it out quite a bit. It took away sove of the roughness. Major differance in the idle. It felt like she was all warmed up just pulling out of the driveway. Mostly though, I'm blown away at how my LSD hooks up now. Thanks again guys. With out you I would have let this go for years. Soon she will be better than new.

Quick Reply: BERU spark plug wire install question