Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

The Inevitable Speeding Ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 05:51 AM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Inevitable Speeding Ticket...

So I drove my roommate out to a party that I particularly did not want to go to, hanging out with a teenagers is not my cup of tea really. BUT, I did drive them there, had a beer at their house, and on the way home BAM cop pulls me over. The sad part is on the way there I was telling my roommate "It's kind of crazy I've own this car for almost one and a half years and I have not gotten a speeding ticket." Officer said I was going 50 in a 35, which is crap because I was in 2nd gear and I was not even above 4000 RPM. The nice part is that he gave me the lowest cost speeding ticket "basic speed law" where he could have exaggerated more and said I was going 55 (250+ $). Also, when cops pull over anyone near UCSB, the first thing they ask is "been drinking tonight" ESPECIALLY on a Friday night. So I am glad I was not asked this, I was perfectly fine to drive as I had only one beer over the course of an hour but you can see how that could have been potentially much worse. Bottom line, I have been driving 4 years with no tickets and over the 7 years of being a driver only had 2 speeding tickets. This is just a friendly slap on the wrist saying "hey young guy in the Porsche, watch yourself". I just wish it had happened when I was ACTUALLY speeding so I wouldnt be so mad. I must say though, that I have done 60 in 25 zones so I am thankful that this was a BASIC ticket. Driving tonight to my friends house I was careful to stay below the limit. For the next 18 months, going to be very careful. Have to be good for another 18 months so I have the traffic school option again. Ok my rant is over. <3
Old 12-15-2007, 06:32 AM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

That sucks. At least it wasn't too bad though, like you said.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

so you don't want to hear I did 140+ today on a stretch of open highway?

the Gods got even with me when the fire department showed up at my door 45 minutes ago 'cause the smoke detector whent off upstairs and called the alarm company. I was out cold and wham, four fireman standing over me.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:02 AM
irie1029
Advanced

Tough luck. I never drink before driving the Targa.

Nothing like 0-110 on an on ramp.... BTW it is right behind state police outpost. I love it. Rarely see traps there.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:47 AM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by douglas bray
I was out cold and wham, four fireman standing over me.
And you asked if I was drinking the other night?

BTW, I think I'm going to make the above quote my sig, giving you proper credit, of course. You did see Sandler's 'Chuck & Larry', right?
Old 12-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

usually it's wham I'm out cold and I wake up with four cardiologists standing over me. This time the heart attack came after I woke up, not before.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:31 AM
64_Comet
Intermediate

Sorry about the ticket.

I've gotten 3 all of them for doing 25 over. One was 25 over in a construction zone...it was a Sunday, no workers present, opening weekend for deer season and I thought that the cop car was a hunting car with a rack on top...yeah I felt REALLY stupid then.

Now I just set my cruise. All 3 of my 25 overs were on open roads, no other cars around. Best was when my roommate and I were in college and our friends at the all girls school called up and said we needed to come down. The cop already called it in and said that he had no say really and had to give us a ticket. We were flying and he REALLY didn't want to give me a ticket. When I later fought the ticket he actually had written on his notes that I was going to the women's college because they called us up and told us to come down ASAP. He and the laser officer both pleaded with the judge to knock it to only 5mph over. It was pretty funny. Would have been nicer if they didn't give me the ticket but at least they realized what an important event I was racing towards ;-)

Sounds to me like the cop was out to bust ya because you were in a sports car and a bunch of 20 somethings.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:32 PM
3.2SLANTNOSE
Racer

Sounds something like "Prison Break" starting all over again.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Rotten Robby
Racer

Traffic School? Last ticket I got was probably 10 years ago and I made it go away with traffic school...
Old 12-15-2007, 01:41 PM
OhioMark
Instructor

Default Going fast

Since going fast seems to be included in this topic, what is the fastest
everyone has gone both legally (race track) and illegally? I'm in the slow
bracket compared to many with a top speed of 125 MPH in a 73' Grandprix
back in high school, and 110-115 currently in my FV/ FST. Maybe I can
run the Silver State Classic someday and put those numbers to shame.

Mark
Old 12-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Fastest - 141 MPH open road in Utah
Old 12-15-2007, 02:44 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Took my '68 Firebird past the 145mph mark, and once passed the 150 mark in my 911. Guessing both speeds were 10% lower than indicated on the gauges.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:12 PM
RacingBeat
Instructor

i've only flirted with 125 since acquiring this fine machine.......couple of select sections of an (ahem) unnamed highway is the best place i've got. one of these days i've got to find a place to get it higher...
Old 12-15-2007, 08:13 PM
RacingBeat
Instructor

by the way laugh a bet a buck 50 was a lot scarier in the firebird
Old 12-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got pinched on the interstate close to home a few months back. I can't believe he gave me a ticket. I was on my way back from Krispy Kreme's in the early morning, and they were clearly visible on the passenger seat. I thought surely the worst that could come of the deal is that I'd be a couple donuts lighter. He did comment on the "orangeness" of the 911, however.

Still got about a year until my get-out-of-jail-with-just-an-administrative-fee-that-is-the-same-cost-as-the-ticket card renews.

Brett

Quick Reply: The Inevitable Speeding Ticket...