Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

ebay 911 las vegas

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:43 PM
bill r toronto
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay 911 las vegas

Am I crazy or does this seem too clean...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ULTRA...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-28-2007, 11:14 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

1) there seems to be some extra stuff in that engine that I don't have. A hose going from the throttle body to somewhere below the right intake manifold. But I don't know much about 3.2s

2) It seems to be idling at a 1000+, maybe he was just holding the throttle while taking pics.......

3) why is the passenger a 6 way adjustable electric yet the driver's side is a 4 way electric. Odd.

I shall be honest, I didn't read any of the words.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,177 Likes on 844 Posts

I am normally skeptical of ebay cars , but THAT is a nice car .. it will fetch a lot.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 PM
bill r toronto
Advanced

Can I hire you two to buy me a car!?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:35 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

naw, but that is a nice one, watch the bidding on it . You can get cheap flights to Vegas out of Buffalo to go check it out . The tricky part with ebaycars is comitting to buy via high bid , but making it conditional on a PPI. A must , but that one does look good. I like the pictures are showing everything. The only nit picking things I could see were.
2 small holes in targa roof.
only the drivrers seat looks like a sport seat, it looks kind of odd. That car should go close to 20 G if not over. Will be agreat one to watch .. or buy :-)
Old 11-29-2007, 12:10 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by theiceman
naw, but that is a nice one, watch the bidding on it . You can get cheap flights to Vegas out of Buffalo to go check it out . The tricky part with ebaycars is comitting to buy via high bid , but making it conditional on a PPI. A must , but that one does look good. I like the pictures are showing everything. The only nit picking things I could see were.
2 small holes in targa roof.
only the drivrers seat looks like a sport seat, it looks kind of odd. That car should go close to 20 G if not over. Will be agreat one to watch .. or buy :-)
I would charge $11k just to write that ad. Man that was long. Bottom line is that you always take a chance unless you visit the car in person. Good luck!
Old 11-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Laszlo_Laz
Pro

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

This is a EU spec car and most likely cannot be insured in the US let alone a bank loan. I'd stay away from this one.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

did you look at the sellers other items? a 1970 429 BOSS NASCAR Mustang. At $99,100 the reserve is not met. So, I'll bet the reserve on the 911 is north of $25,000. I figured as much even without the celestial mustang, but it's a good clue. How they got the desert dust off the car for the photo shoot is beyond me. It takes about 4 seconds for the dust in Vegas to ruin a good wash.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:17 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Look at the paint by the door handles. A lot of orange peel on one of them.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 AM
Bob S
Instructor

I don't know anything about this car, but there is no reason why a euro car cannot be insured in the US or you couldn't get a bank loan on one.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

There are tonnes of Eurospec cars in north America, makes absolutely no difference for bank loans or road worthiness.

In fact the Eurospec cars have some great safety features NA cars don't, eg , rear mounted fog light and side markers .

To run away from that car without further consideration I would consider an oversite. It was a great ad, the pictures showed a lot , enough to warrant further follow up I would say . IMHO of course.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

No side markers on Euro cars. This car still has the lamp positions for the US side markers blocked off (not legal in the US). The lights on the front fenders just behind the front wheels are turn signal activated. The catalytic converter that was used is suspect, probably small enough to eat up the extra hp of the Euro engine. One good thing is that it has the proper front cooler, and the RoW-only transmission cooler. It's also nice to see cosmoline still on the undercarriage in places, but because the car is fitted with a USA speedo it's probably not possible to trace the legitimate mileage. If this car goes to a state with lax smog laws it'll probably be OK, if it's coming to CA it better have all of its EPA/DOT docs in good order! That said, it does look like a legit import, because it has the door post sticker, and side door beams, both of which bode well. The Euro 231 hp is long gone, the addition of a cat and the necessary mods to the Motronic ECU (to pass EPA testing) took care of that. It's funny that they found a couple of old, used taillight lens with sun-faded frames to throw on the car, new lenses would have been a nice touch. After all that, the car does look pretty good, but I think that its selling price will be severely limited because it's a gray market car.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Pete the side markers i am refering to are on the side of the car on the front fender by the wheel. In Europe their primary advantage is indicating intentions on the roundabouts which are not prevelent in the US. They are far easier for other drivers to see when a car is beside you.
Also If Bill is looking at that car he can remove the cat once it is in Ontario and put a bypass as it is over 15 years old.

If the price is limited , then it is worth grabing if everything checks out , it doesn't get any greyer coming to Canada,
Old 11-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Peter Zimmermann
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ice: I know what you meant, it's just language! If I asked one of my guys to check the side markers on a Euro conversion, they would have never looked at the fender mounted turn signals. If I asked them to check the turn signals on the same car, the fender mounted lights would have been included!

Ah, hah! 15-years in Canada, and then smog rules no longer apply. That's good to know! With that in mind, if that car hasn't had an accident (one that was not properly repaired), it could be worth pursuing.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:51 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

well it was 15 years when they first did it , and I am not sure if it is a rolling 15 years or weather they froze it. I iwll ask on the canadian forum to verify. i think anything 87 and older is exempt from testing now.

Quick Reply: ebay 911 las vegas