Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Capacities

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007 | 09:43 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Default Capacities

Hi Guys, my '78 didn't come with a manual and I am just putting it away and need to know what the fuel tank capacity is so I can add the correct amount of fuel stabilizer.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the white spout next to the fuel filler cap is for windshield washer fluid. Mine is either empty or my pump is broken. Should I hear a noise when I try to use it even if it is empty. If it is empty, I am thinking I should leave it empty so that I can replace the pump without making a mess. I have not looked yet to see if the tank is visible in the front trunk to judge how much, if any, is in there.
Old 11-15-2007 | 10:06 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Justin

I have a 78SC manual i transposed into word ( basically just scanned it in. ) come out one Saturday and I will put it on CD for you ( not this Saturday though as I am out of town ) . I think I have actually gotten 80 litres into the tank. the widshield washer fluid is a small white pump in the front, mine was seized too so I took it apart and cleaned it , even to buy it is cheap. Do you have headlight washers? That one is more challenging.
Old 11-15-2007 | 10:35 AM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

MY 1987 is 85 litres - 22.5 US gallons.

Your W/W pump might work, but the in-line check valves might be clogged - this is very common. Inside the trunk below each wiper you will find the lines. Each has a 90 degree valve. Disconnect on the pump side & try the W/W. If you get fluid, then it is the valve. If not, investigate the pump & wiring.

Ian
Old 11-15-2007 | 10:51 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

I took mine out to clean up all the crud that collects inside the fender near the headlights.

I plan on installing a smaller tank and pump inside the trunk as a replacment.

John
Old 11-15-2007 | 11:34 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by theiceman
Justin

I have a 78SC manual i transposed into word ( basically just scanned it in. ) come out one Saturday and I will put it on CD for you ( not this Saturday though as I am out of town ) . I think I have actually gotten 80 litres into the tank. the widshield washer fluid is a small white pump in the front, mine was seized too so I took it apart and cleaned it , even to buy it is cheap. Do you have headlight washers? That one is more challenging.
Thanks for the info and the offer for the manual. I will surely take you up on that. I am also out of town this weekend, but perhaps the next.

Just to make sure I am clear, under my gas door, I have a white plastic spout to the left of the gas cap. Is that where I add washer fluid?
Old 11-15-2007 | 11:37 AM
old man neri
Drifting

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
Just to make sure I am clear, under my gas door, I have a white plastic spout to the left of the gas cap. Is that where I add washer fluid?
Yes.

Quick Reply: Capacities