Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Anyone heard of Suburban Porsche in Farmington Hills, MI? ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone heard of Suburban Porsche in Farmington Hills, MI? ...

for a potential PPI? The dealer I'm working with is Kip Sheward Motorsports. He said I could have the PPI done down the road, which is obviously not my first preference, but he is pretty far from Detroit ... it might be tough to get him to go all the way into the city. Thoughts? This is the place that could do the PPI: http://www.suburbanporsche.com/
Old 11-14-2007, 08:49 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LUCKe27
for a potential PPI? The dealer I'm working with is Kip Sheward Motorsports. He said I could have the PPI done down the road, which is obviously not my first preference, but he is pretty far from Detroit ... it might be tough to get him to go all the way into the city. Thoughts? This is the place that could do the PPI: http://www.suburbanporsche.com/
Hey Kevin,
I see you decided to move on that C2. I don't blame you.

I stick to my guns on my advice.... get the PPI. Have you called Suburban to see if they service older 911s? I know the local dealers here won't work on one older than 7 yrs. They refer the older cars to an independent shop in the area. You might see if Suburban does the same. If so, that independent shop might be a good place for a PPI.

Any PPI is better than no PPI. It would be best if you can find some place that actually has a clue about the cars. Even better if they have some techs older than the car itself!

Good luck. It's a beautiful car.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:59 AM
LUCKe27
Racer

We'll see. I don't yet know whether we are in the same stratosphere on price. What do you think that things is worth based on what you've seen out there? I think just moving it to Atlanta bumps the value by almost $2k. This is a great town to sell any car ... particularly a cab (because you can use it for 9 months out of the year).
Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM
SpartanToJo
Instructor

Have you thought about taking it to Munk's for your PPI? They are in Waterford, about 18 miles from Kip Sheward. I have found them to be very thorough.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

Originally Posted by SpartanToJo
Have you thought about taking it to Munk's for your PPI? They are in Waterford, about 18 miles from Kip Sheward. I have found them to be very thorough.
Thanks for the advice. Do you know anything about Kip's reputation?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 PM
mkimber
Advanced

Also think about using Jeff Jones of Automotive Techniques. Jeff is few miles down the road on Grand River in Novi. Jeff knows older Porsches. He's been working on them for about 30 years. I'm surprised Kip didn't recommend Jeff. He did when I was interested in a 993 he had last year. Gave me Jeff's card in fact.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:34 AM
sibletri457
1st Gear

Default Anyone heard of Suburban Porsche in Farmington Hills,

Who is kip? I don't know him. The car in the profile picture is that your car. Which car you using right now. You know good service provider for Porsche in Farmington Hills.

Farmington Hills MI Locksmith

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of Suburban Porsche in Farmington Hills, MI? ...