Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Does this sound fishy to anyone on the board? I want to be sure ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:13 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, Where is gone to your Hockey Stick Avatar for? I don't trust the simpsonescque person in place to your hockeystick lid holder upper. you are not le-gitimate iceman of rennlist gatherings, and i think you are not fruitful in this visage.

i think you rennlist frudster.

also i have porch to sell you, has fine engine also good deck chairs for barbeque. please to me wire sum of $12,000.

:-D
Old 11-28-2007, 02:27 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

I will send to you sum of 20,000 dollar US . as it is a refund check from previous transaction. Please wire back difference of 8,000 dollars US . You are very quality man and am hoping this deal will be most fruitfull.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:28 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

PS , this is the first simpsonised character who is actually better looking than the original .. DOH !!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:07 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

To Mr Simson Doh,

with thanking blessing upon many your illegitimate children, i will please to deposit funds in amounting to $20,000 US greenback monies to give back on $8,000, plus yet $200 to your for all of this trouble to make postage.

i see how you are good person, honest and fruitful, as ontarians may be. such reputations speak well of ontarians, as my agent makes overtures on behalfingly to all nigerians.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:34 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

okay I just can't top that .. you have see tonnes of these .. and I bet you people will read this thread and STILL get taken ...
Old 11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Peter MM
Intermediate

Oh man - that was great!
I did talk to my bank (company credit union) about wire transfer and they did indicate it was the safest way to go (exept for cash, i guess).
However, they did say they just had a fraudulent wire! Was discovered quickly but is still shocking. The indicated they needed 24 hours to be confident.
If i go forward with this I will let you all know if it goes wrong - I plan on having long enough pauses between accepting funds and completing xfer to be safe.
(Of course, I received call today from local guy interested in my Cab!!!)
Old 11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

go local ....
Old 11-28-2007, 05:36 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

...unless your car has issues ..
Old 11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
WitchDoctor
Racer

A car with "issues"? Maybe it should see a psychologist who specializes in 25 year old Portia...Porsches with emotional issues....
Old 11-29-2007, 12:50 AM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

hey lucke is my car just out of your price range? You keep posting about these "fishy" cars and cars with issues....I just had a PPI done on my car from someone who wanted to buy my car and the mechanic said my car was "an exemplary" porsche. If its not out of your price range you should consider it. Many here will vouch for my car. If not, I'll drive it
Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 AM
WitchDoctor
Racer

Oshin,

A did you use tire spray on your drive way so it would match your tires?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

No its just a wet floor. haha
Old 11-30-2007, 08:02 AM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter MM
...However, they did say they just had a fraudulent wire! Was discovered quickly but is still shocking. The indicated they needed 24 hours to be confident....:
That's excellent that you've contacted you credit union, and you'll not have any trouble as you're doing all the "right things". But now you've got my curiosity up...any more info on the "fardulent wire"? I'm sure that's something that our "financial infrastructure" doesn't like to be made for "public consumption" ! I'm also curious as to "who" would eat the costs on a "fraudulent wire"...would it be one of the financial institutions, the Federal Reserve banking system, or the customer? I know in my previous lives, with literally huge amounts (Billion$ upon billions) being moved around daily, it was always a pi$$ing contest as to who would "eat it" if windows were missed (someone's going to pay the interest), but I never encounterd a "fraud" situation.
Keith
'88 CE coupe
Old 11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Peter MM
Intermediate

The fraudulent wire at my credit union resulted in the funds being returned/withdrawn from the recipients account - in this case it was a relatively small amount, not the billions you mention - but still opens the door to scammers. I was shocked to hear this was possible.
When the wire arrived I went to my credit union office and told them i wanted them to aggressively investigate the validity of the wire. They handed it off to an inDUHvidual at the corporate office - his email reply to me stated that i should feel confident the wire was valid because "usually the sending bank verifies the funds before sending the wire - as we do here" - this reply kinda had me believe this guy did nothing to check, so i needed to highten his exposure just a bit. My reply back to him was something like - " Now that i know that you have personally verified the validity of this wire transfer i can carry out the transaction" - (and copied myself on the email)
I am not too worried as the buyer is not showing up (in person now) until next week to take delivery. A bad wire will surface before then --- and i moved the funds already.
I am also interested in the fraud wire - i will go back and see if the local person who mentioned it will provide details.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
KC911
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter MM
...I am also interested in the fraud wire - i will go back and see if the local person who mentioned it will provide details.
Very interesting, and I'd be curious too...thanks!

Quick Reply: Does this sound fishy to anyone on the board? I want to be sure ...