Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Got Rearended tonight

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:07 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Got Rearended tonight

shortly after I installed my new brake light sensor/switch I headed out to Best Buy for more memory for my P.C. now I have 1.277 gig of ram. after that droped kid of at grandma's and headed up Arcibald and stopped at the light at chino ave. light turned green I pressec on the clutched and got launched into the intersection. The guy behind me must have figured I was gonna take off and went a little too soon. I went to pull over and could see he was gonna flip a U turn so I flipped it around and gave chase. A right hand turn took us down a farm road about 90 miles an hour and I was quikly on his ***. Another left and another and he realized he wasn't gonna get rid of me. I called my wife and had her write the number down and then I called 911. I gave them the plate # and they told me we were only blocks from the owners home. They told me to go sit at Rite Aid and an officer would come and take a report. The car looks fine and drives fine. I am really gonna give it a close look when the sun comes up. The officer said he was going to go to the house and take a statement. He assured me that after a hit and run the driver never comes to the door and will always claim to be ina different state.....Oh well, it was fun. I could tell he knew he wasn't gonna get away. The officer asked how I got the plate # and I reminded him the car will go 143 mph stock, and she ain't stock....I got a report # if I want to report it to my insurance agent. I think I'm gonna need lot's of work. $12,000 paint, $10,000 for a top end rebuild, new pipes, and the like. Any spots I should really look at close. I think he really just pushed me, I almost thought I had only dropped the clutch, but I wasn't in gear. thanks for listening...................
Old 11-10-2007, 03:26 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maaaan Doug,
Glad you are ok and the bloke did't stop in the middle of nowhere and shoot you!
Did you get a funny look from the Officer when you told him how fast it goes???

i got side swiped years ago in my Targa. Followed the bloke and made him come with me to the nearest Police station. they took a report and after he had left they checked him on the computer and found he had a warrant out for his arrest..................and they just let him go. the guy on the desk wasn't to happy about that.

Anyway glad you are OK.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:13 AM
Jitters
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Doug...

Glad to here you're okay. Could have been much worse...

Todd
Old 11-10-2007, 04:20 AM
PeterRT
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like those big bumpers pay off sometimes...
BTW, you're getting closer to the spelling of your color, just not quite there yet:
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2007, 09:20 AM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Doug,

Sorry to hear about the incident. It sounds like you and the car came away relatively unscathed. That's great news. Now back to the Top 20 To Do List.

Shannon
Old 11-10-2007, 09:29 AM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

dude, where's the pics?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:59 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Doug,

Glad you caught up with the guy.
My co-worker was sitting at a red light in his new Jetta TDI and a ricer in front of him accidentlly put the car in reverse snd hit the gas when the light turned green.

After the large crunch, the both pull over and the suspect decideds to take off, my buddy lost his radiator so the chase was out of the question, never caught the guy, stolen plates

$8,000 and two weeks later he is sitting in his car and a pick-up truck smacks into his door. He was not about to let this nut go so he hops out and opens the trucks door and grabs the paperwork out of the glove box before the guy takes off. He did not speak english, no license etc...

$4,000 later he has his car fixed again and then...

John
Old 11-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No pictures, no dents, not so much as disturbed dust. My phone spent the night in the trash can outside wrapped in a Quizno's bag. (remember the "no interior light") The rear sway bar is really making noise now after the chase down less than perfect roads. I'm gonna figure out how the heck the WEVO's go on and get that fix going...thanks guys, she's a brick house I guess?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Glad to know youre ok Doug
Old 11-10-2007, 04:39 PM
J. Brinkley
Addict
Rennlist Member

ahhhh, so it was a love tap

Quick Reply: Got Rearended tonight