Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Interesting 1989 C4 on Ebay -- no reserve

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting 1989 C4 on Ebay -- no reserve

Bidding only up to $14,100. I guess you couldn't buy this in good conscience without a PPI, but it looks like a good price. Not mine -- I dont have one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...168475144&rd=1
Old 11-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

LUCKe, get some sleep. Ebay is a great way to advertise cars, but often they don't hit the reserve and you can contact the dealer and find out what he really wants for the car. it is going to be close to twice the current price before it is all said and done. 'cause that is a really nice looking car. I normally really like BBS but that set looks terible on that car for some reason. good luck.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:02 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Wheels look ugly. Needs a dual dist vent kit and a smile fix.

If the price is low enough, you could right alot of wrongs with the left-over cash.

Marc
Old 11-09-2007, 11:55 AM
LUCKe27
Racer

Originally Posted by douglas bray
LUCKe, get some sleep. Ebay is a great way to advertise cars, but often they don't hit the reserve and you can contact the dealer and find out what he really wants for the car. it is going to be close to twice the current price before it is all said and done. 'cause that is a really nice looking car. I normally really like BBS but that set looks terible on that car for some reason. good luck.
I'd like to get some sleep, but I have the bug. You may be right, but it's listed as "NO RESERVE" and sitting steady at $14,100 with 7 hours remaining. I'm finding a lot of white cars available, and they just don't turn me on much. Oh, well. Any thoughts on the Carrerra 2 vs 4. It seems like I wouldn't need all wheel drive in Atlanta.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:14 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Wheels look ugly. Needs a dual dist vent kit and a smile fix.

If the price is low enough, you could right alot of wrongs with the left-over cash.

Marc

I WANT THOSE WHEELS for my black '84 Cab. Sooooo Miami Vice.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Less than 5 hours left. It's time to do some soul searching....do you want it, I mean really want it? If you do I'd start the chase and see if it jumps. Me, what? you want my oppinion? What would I do? I'd run for the f'ing hills 'cause the C4 part scares the bajesus outa me!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:31 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

I won't be bidding. I would have to have an independent PPI done before I could get comfortable with that car, BUT ... you could still put a bunch of money into that and still be ahead of the game. Anyway, you haven't responded to my 968 thread. I figured you would have blasted me by now .
Old 11-09-2007, 02:33 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

From my 90 C4 test drive... This 4WD setup pushes a LOT compared to other 911's. Think, "great for getting to work in poor weather" vs. "it'll just hug & hug & hug the road", IMHO.

Of course, if you DO buy the car, and the gold BBS's are staggered widths (which would be odd for a 4WD that year, I think), I would certainly swap + funds for them. I have '92 C2 Wheels, 16x6 / 16x8 on mine, with new-this-year Kumho MX tires (willing to keep the tires).
Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

by the time you were to the 968 I had all my fingers and toes all tied up in counting the number of cars you were looking at and had no digits free to type with. No really, I was so set on the Ven Blu Met, that I was busy booking one way airfare to Ohio. I'm hope'n some of the midwest farmer's daughter's will ride home with me.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by douglas bray
by the time you were to the 968 I had all my fingers and toes all tied up in counting the number of cars you were looking at and had no digits free to type with. No really, I was so set on the Ven Blu Met, that I was busy booking one way airfare to Ohio. I'm hope'n some of the midwest farmer's daughter's will ride home with me.
Think of it this way ... looking at lots of Porsche's beats workin' .
Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The C4 system is reliable and is just fine, unless you're heading straight to the track. Even at that, a lot of guys track them, no problem. With the hashed-up seat and 90K, in a Alabama that's a $19K car. The rest of doesn't look bad, but you just don't know unless you have it checked out. As was mentioned, if you could get it cheap enough,that would make up for a lot of potential ills. IF you could call the dealer, make an offer and convince him you were serious but you want an inspection, and that you weren't going to nitpick him to death, you might be able to put together a deal. It's always worth a shot. I'm not a fan of the BBS wheels though, regardless of how legendary they are.

BTW, the Carfax shows it in NC and then FL, no trauma, an apparently uneventful life.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

bottom line on this search you have undertaken is that we would all love to be in your shoes again. we all want you to get the best car. speeking of work, I've got a customer that wants two cases of stretch wrap "RIGHT NOW" have a great day.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

37 minutes left. tick tick tick tick
Old 11-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

$14,955 what a deal. I bet it is the dealer's cousin.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:40 PM
911vet
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LUCKe27
I'd like to get some sleep, but I have the bug. You may be right, but it's listed as "NO RESERVE" and sitting steady at $14,100 with 7 hours remaining. I'm finding a lot of white cars available, and they just don't turn me on much. Oh, well. Any thoughts on the Carrerra 2 vs 4. It seems like I wouldn't need all wheel drive in Atlanta.
I was in your position only a few months ago. I know precisely how you feel. And there were two C4s that "got away" from me and I was crying over. But, like you, I was afraid to buy a car sight-unseen and without a PPI. And, like you, I started thinking maybe I'd settle for a color I didn't really want.

Trust me on this... a better one always comes along.

If I bought a $15 - $20K car and had to turn around and put in $10K in repairs (which is actually very possible in a C4 or even a 3.2), it would be financially devestating for me. So take your time and get one that you can have reliable PPI done on.

I sympathize with you. I was you!! But I ended up with a really cool car. Didn't settle for a coupe. Didn't settle for a color I didn't like. Didn't settle for a year I didn't want. And all of the sudden, "my" car found me.

Your 911 will find you too. Hang in there, dude.

No matter how great the one is that got away... there is always a better 911 coming along.

Shannon
87 Carrera Cabriolet, Carmine Red

Quick Reply: Interesting 1989 C4 on Ebay -- no reserve