Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Targa Top Rear Mounting Receptacles Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 03:00 PM
jlkline
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Targa Top Rear Mounting Receptacles Problem

I just replaced the main targa bar to targa top seal and encountered a strange problem. Upon removing the old seal, I observed that one of the 2 metal receptacle sleeves mounted in the targa bar (they accept the 2 alignment / mounting pins of the targa top at the outer edges) extended out about 7 mm farther than the other one, as if it had been pushed back somehow. This creates a problem in that the exposed tube section is too short to retain the seal around the flared end of the tube. In the past( although I never realized this was the cause) it caused the seal around the tube to fray the fabric causing premature wear that looked like hell(which was part of the reason I changed the seal in the first place.)

I tried several ways push,pull or screw the metal tube forward to bring it into alignment with the tube on the other side, but there was no adjustment, as far as I could tell without removing the cover from the underside of the Targa bar.

Have any other Targa owners experienced this problem, and if so, how did you resolve it.

thx
Old 04-30-2003, 02:51 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If anyone can help you, this guy can. He's reputed to be the Targa top king. Good luck.

Dan Petchel
<a href="http://www.carsinc-nj.com" target="_blank">www.carsinc-nj.com</a>
609 298 2277
5 Matthew Court
Bordentown NJ 08505

Quick Reply: Targa Top Rear Mounting Receptacles Problem