MAXhpkit 911MAX - 30 day RL promotion

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:09 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
ah man the guys a good salesman too ...
Okay there's no need for name calling here!

Old 10-29-2007, 04:46 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

I've given the price some more thought. When I introduced the 951 chips they were priced at 249.00. Over the past year I ended up raising the price to 299.00 after calculating that I had spent an average of 30 hours a week on the phone doing customer support, and supporting some people who weren't clients as well. I priced the 911MAX chip at 349 based on industry pricing. I've made substantial investment of time and money into the development, and of course need to make a profit on the product at some point. So I decided I'm going to take a leap of faith here, and price these products below the industry standard as well. People in the other communities that already use my products know first hand that below standard pricing does not mean below standard products and support. The 911MAX will retail at 299.00 USD. The promotion price is 249.00 through 11/24/07.

Regards,
Russell
Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 189 Posts

Russell, do you have any plans for a 3.6 chip?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:15 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by smokintr6
Russell, do you have any plans for a 3.6 chip?
Yes, I'm already working on it with the help of a local fellow. No time frame as yet, but this will be done next.

Regards,
Russell
Old 11-26-2007, 10:32 PM
LUCKe27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't bought my 911 yet; looks like I missed the pre-Thanksgiving sale .
Old 11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Yesterday I went to the dyno with the Scivision MAF kit for the 3.2L Carrera. I've been driving around tuning the part throttle maps for a while now, and needed the dyno to get the full throttle fueling right. I'm still waiting for the fellow to send me the charts so I can organize them, we spent a couple hours on the dyno playing, but all said and done the MAF kit with the custom chip made 22HP over stock AFM/chips. I'm very pleased.

The funny thing is, as the engine becomes heat saturated your AFRs kind of go all over the place, so a long time on the dyno becomes counter productive. But I've been tuning this engine so long now I can tell by the sound of the engine in the WOT running EXACTLY what the AFR is. On a side note, prior to working on this I did a lot of research on race cars with this engine trying to determine the 'sweet spot' AFR wise, and the information I found then I've since proven wrong. All I found stated the best AFR was 12.5-13.0, simply not so. These cars like it leaner than that. I made a LOT more power using the timing values I developed for the AFM chip with vastly modified fuel values. There is a specific value for different RPM ranges. You will not get a flat AFR with this custom programming, you get an AFR that follows the engine's power curve accordingly. So if you see dyno charts with flat AFRs, not the best performance or the best efficiency. I'll release the MAF kit next week when I'm satisfied with the part throttle maps, there's still a few different conditions I want to tune for on that. Look for another promotion soon, and thank you all so much for your continued support.

Regards,
Russell
Old 12-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Russell, I think I have done everything I need to do to be ready for a chip. the car is running better than ever but still has flat spots along the RPM range. We have talked about this several times and I think at this point a chip is my next logical improvement. I am hoping to get off the 95 octane in exchange for a smooth power curve if nothing else. What do you think of your car after the 8,000 miles you have driven it? Dang it, wife calling. Give me the latest......
Old 12-27-2007, 01:50 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Russell, I think I have done everything I need to do to be ready for a chip. the car is running better than ever but still has flat spots along the RPM range. We have talked about this several times and I think at this point a chip is my next logical improvement. I am hoping to get off the 95 octane in exchange for a smooth power curve if nothing else. What do you think of your car after the 8,000 miles you have driven it? Dang it, wife calling. Give me the latest......
Hey Douglas,

Actually I looked after we last spoke and I've put 9500 miles on the car now. The last 3000 were all with the MAF kit installed. I was actually thinking about putting the AFM back on today and switching back to my AFM image to drive it around and feel the difference. When I was tuning the AFM chip I would switch back to the stock chip image from time to time just to feel the difference. I get used to the performance from the chip, as you get used to any performance increase. Then I switch back to stock and think, 'man this car feels weak'. Coming from the turbo world to this NA car was quite a step down in power, but I just love how these cars drive over the 951s, so much more raw and intense to drive. So as for what I think of the car after 9500 miles, I just love it! As for my opinion of my chip in the car, well, I'm biased, but I can't imagine driving the car without it now. The MAF was yet another major enhancement of performance. But now after all the work on that I'm told the Scivision may not be available for the 911 in the future. Or there may be a different version thereof. Don't know yet, still talking with the Scivision developer (transaxle) about what to do next.

I'm anxious to hear what you have to say about it when you get the chip.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Russell
Old 01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Russell, The Motronic unit is out and sitting on top of Pete's book (which I am sure is sac-relig) and the chip is a stock one. I actually had to go to your competition's site for a refresher on opening the two boards 'cause I couldn't remember everything you said about how to open it. I got it done and as I suspected it is a stock unit.

I am looking forward to installing your chip. I have been very loyal to this board and I am excited to try your chip as a way of not only trying something new, but to return to the board, in a small way, the support the board has given to me. I don't care if I'm the first guy on my street to try it. Heck I don't car if I'm the first guy in California to try it. I saw it on Rennlist, I like your slantnose targa, that's all it takes.

(did my attitude show thru?)
Old 01-06-2008, 07:56 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Russell, The Motronic unit is out and sitting on top of Pete's book (which I am sure is sac-relig) and the chip is a stock one. I actually had to go to your competition's site for a refresher on opening the two boards 'cause I couldn't remember everything you said about how to open it. I got it done and as I suspected it is a stock unit.

I am looking forward to installing your chip. I have been very loyal to this board and I am excited to try your chip as a way of not only trying something new, but to return to the board, in a small way, the support the board has given to me. I don't care if I'm the first guy on my street to try it. Heck I don't car if I'm the first guy in California to try it. I saw it on Rennlist, I like your slantnose targa, that's all it takes.

(did my attitude show thru?)

Thanks Douglas, I'm still in NY and won't be headed back to MA until tomorrow. So I was hoping you hadn't sent it yet, I'll overnight it back and your 911MAX chip either the same day I receive it or the next day depending on what time of day I get it. I appreciate your help, I'll give you a call when it arrives.

Regards,
Russell
Old 01-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

How the heck did you see that post that fast? You know the more I look the more I want your Scivion thing too. I can see my 15 year old sitting in the passenger seat with her laptop hitting the juice button.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:58 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

How the heck did you see that post that fast? You know the more I look the more I want your Scivion thing too. I can see my 15 year old sitting in the passenger seat with her laptop hitting the juice button.
LOL, I just happen to come upstairs and check my email and it told me you made the post in the thread. Actually the deal with the laptop is the Maxtronic with the Maxtune software, the Scivision is a MAF kit. I have it on my car and the response is greatly enhanced. The down side, after all the time and money I've invested in developing, the Scivison may or may not be available in the future. The supplier of the Scivision MAF unit has lost his source for the processor he uses in the translator module. We have to do some market analysis to define feasiblity. It's a great product, and I'm selling it at about half the cost of any competing MAF unit for the 911s, but if the market interest isn't there, it will just go away.

But the Maxtronic and Maxtune will always be available. I developed this software to give people with a motronic 'stand alone' type engine management capabilities, for about 500 bucks. Nothing like this on the market, and I will span many markets with it including BMW/Audi/Volvo/VW/etc. Anything with the fuel and timing maps in one chip I can use the Maxtronic system on.

I'm sure we can get you everything you need, without breaking the bank in the process...

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: MAXhpkit 911MAX - 30 day RL promotion