Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

MAXhpkit 911MAX - 30 day RL promotion

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAXhpkit 911MAX - 30 day RL promotion

Here it is! After 2.5 hours on the dyno, many many hours of road testing and data logging I am officially releasing the new 911MAX chip for the 3.2L 911 Carrera.

The part throttle maps are where I spend the most time, and the difference is simply nothing short of amazing between stock and the 911MAX. Power is smoother, no bucking. Torque is consistent and stronger across all RPM and load ranges. I can launch the car in 1st without touching the gas, and I can launch in second from a dead stop without a lot of clutch slipping.

On the highway or around town driving you don't have to get to 3200 rpm to get any power as before, I can mash the gas at 2500 rpm and get an immediate response. I'm not talking about foot to the floor either.

Now for the wide open throttle stuff. When I took my car for an initial dyno run it made 207.1RWHP. Today, that same chip with different gas and very similar weather conditions only made 190.6RWHP. The 911MAX V10 chip made 200.8RWHP. The stock run is the dotted lines, the V10 911MAX is the solitd lines. As you can see, torque is smoother across the board, more area under the curve, and the hold out of HP/TQ above 5500RPM is where the BIG differences are, almost 14Lbs TQ difference in one area. I am quite pleased with this.

The 911MAX is now available on our Web Site at a retail price of 299.00USD. There will be a 30 day Rennlist promotion at 249.00USD through 11/24/2007. When you visit the website be sure and click on the Rennlist link on the bottom left corner to get promotion pricing.

As with all products we recommend 91+ octane fuel and proper engine maintenance. Our products also carry a 30 day money back guarantee, you may return the product for a full refund minus a $5.00 restocking fee at anytime during this 30 day period after purchase.

I thank you again for your continued support in our endeavors.

Regards,
Russell
Attached Images  

Last edited by rberry951; 10-29-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Price update
Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Russell, help me out here. what was the stock HP and what was the HP after the install of your chip? I'm not understanding the before and after....weather conditions, different gas,...what is the before and what is the after?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by douglas bray
Russell, help me out here. what was the stock HP and what was the HP after the install of your chip? I'm not understanding the before and after....weather conditions, different gas,...what is the before and what is the after?
It's confusing isn't it? That's why dynos are used for tuning and comparisons, not really absolute power documentation for the car. Two weeks ago the car dyno'd with the stock chip on this same dyno at 207.1RWHP. I did have 93 octane fuel in it that day. Yesterday I had half a tank left of 91(ish) octane MA gas, which adds alcohol. Same dyno, same time of day, almost identical weather conditions, with only the fuel being different, there was 17HP difference. I can't believe the gas alone is responsible for that.

So yesterday, since I have the Maxtronic installed. I was able to do back to back pulls of stock chip vs my chip. This is what the dyno graph here shows, the dotted line is the stock chip, the solid line is my chip. This is the comparison, everything the same, including the time within a minute or two.

So what this chart shows is my chip achieving 10.2RWHP over the stock chip. This chart isn't the easiest thing in the world to read with the scaling being 20 between segments, but you can see the highest torque difference looks to be 12-13Lbs better with my chip. And of course the torque is better across the entire power band.

And once again, the dyno only shows you the wide open throttle operation. We're talking 16 timing cells and 20 fuel cells of resolution of the map in the chip, not a lot to tweak here. I found that these cars don't like a lot of timing, anything above 27.8 degrees of spark advance killed the power. They are also VERY picky on AFR, the sweet spot I found is held from 3000 rpm up. The AFR does not vary more than .3 more or less than the 'sweetspot' above 3000rpm.

No matter what I did, I could not make any measureable power gains below 2500 rpm. On the chart it looks like there is considerably more torque there, but I believe that is just a surge due to the dyno resistance starting at 2000, and not an actual power gain. Another thing about dynos, you can pretty much dismiss the first 200rpm on just about any run, so don't let the apparent 2500 rpm gain fool you on the chart, it isn't real.

Does this explain it a bit better?

Regards,
Russell
Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Russell,

Thank you so much for that. I was lost before. the topic of HP/octane is a long one. Everyone knows me as having fallen in love with the local VP Racing gas station 'cause they have 100 octane. Mixing it 50/50 with 91 makes a tank of 95 that costs about $95.00. I don't know the HP gain on that method but if yours doesn't require anything more than 91 octain at $60.00 per tank, you come out ahead perty quick. Now if we did your chip and the 100 octane, well now that would rock!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Russell,

Thank you so much for that. I was lost before. the topic of HP/octain is a long one. Everyone knows me as having fallen in love with the local VP Racing gas station 'cause they have 100 octane. Mixing it 50/50 with 91 makes a tank of 95 that costs about $95.00. I don't know the HP gain on that method but if yours doesn't require anything more than 91 octain at $60.00 per tank, you come out ahead perty quick. Now if we did your chip and the 100 octain, well now that would rock!
On 100 octane I could tweak some more power out of it across the board. But since this is a production chip for the public at large, I have to be careful. As much as people want increase power, they also need reliability. I can't distribute a product that may damage your vehicle. I have no control over what kind of gas people will put in their cars, hence the fairly wide margin of safety in my design.

Regards,
Russell
Old 10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

let's just keep the octane thing a secret.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,102 Likes on 787 Posts

Congrats on the acomplishment Russel, didn't take you tot long at all ... now If I could only find that darned DME on my sc...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

.....So, if a guy were to slip you a $20.00 you could say, add a fiew more fries to the value meal?

fries may not be a good term. let's say you could super size the value meal...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by theiceman
Congrats on the acomplishment Russel, didn't take you tot long at all ... now If I could only find that darned DME on my sc...
On later cars the DME computer is under the driver seat, but on your SC, the computer is sitting in the driver seat Once I perfect a neural interface, I'll drop you a line...
Old 10-26-2007, 12:58 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

.....So, if a guy were to slip you a $20.00 you could say, add a fiew more fries to the value meal?

fries may not be a good term. let's say you could super size the value meal...
For 20 bucks I'll throw in a MAXhpkit t-shirt!

So what happens if after all my investment of time and money into tuning this car no ones buys any chips? Well, I have a really fun car to drive!

On that note, the MAF kits got rejected by customs, and are on their way here again, so at least two more weeks before I can get moving on the MAF kit.

All in good time I suppose...

In all seriousness, if someone wants a custom rev limiter, or a tune tweaked for high octane fuel there is no extra charge for that. I'm happy to do it.

Last edited by rberry951; 10-26-2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: c4n't speell
Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

sounds great but it better be able to interface with a 1- bit - reader ...
Old 10-26-2007, 01:11 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

right over my head, ice
Old 10-26-2007, 02:22 AM
spence88mph
Rennlist Member

I dont want to sounds rude here but why would people buy your chip over a 911Chips Steve Wong chip at the exact same (to the dollar) price. 911Chips have been tuning these cars for years and have a very strong reputation. Just a question, not a dig.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:58 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by spence88mph
I dont want to sounds rude here but why would people buy your chip over a 911Chips Steve Wong chip at the exact same (to the dollar) price. 911Chips have been tuning these cars for years and have a very strong reputation. Just a question, not a dig.
Not rude at all, that's a valid question. I can't comment on 911chips products as I have never used them. In fact I have absolutely nothing to compare my work to except stock, as that is what the car had in it when I bought it.

When I came to the 944 community there was a multitude of other vendors, and a string of 'the new hot thing' tuners that faded away. So I was faced with not only "what makes yours better?", but all the baggage of all the members of the community accumulated after trying all these other chips. Only a year later, I am now considered one of the leaders of that market in terms of product quality and support.

It happens that there are not a lot of chip tuners for this community. I am bringing to the community not only another quality product, but innovation and integration of technologies this community has not experienced before.

As for the pricing of the chips I simply looked around on the web and priced my products the same as others. I am offering the introductory promotion which makes it 50 bucks less than the going rate. That is the incentive to try the product. Another incentive is the 30 day money back guarantee. Chip products may be returned within 30 days for any reason, you don't even have to have a reason, you can just send it back and the money will be returned to you with a thank you note for trying the product.

I don't expect to take over any particular market segment, and that is not my business goal. My goal is to bring the communities 'up to speed' on what the rest of the performance world has been doing for years now. We're behind. I am confident that my products will be an asset to the community, not a blemish to the market.

Regards,
Russell
Old 10-26-2007, 08:48 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

ah man the guys a good salesman too ...

Quick Reply: MAXhpkit 911MAX - 30 day RL promotion