Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Finally...the way it's supposed to be!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 PM
GeneralTso
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally...the way it's supposed to be!

I've had pretty crappy tires on my 911 since I got it...there was a lot of vibration over about 55 MPH so I only really drove it in town or slow on the highway...

Today I finally got her some new tires and I just took her for a spin....so smooth! And I couldn't believe the old girl's acceleration on the highway!

From a steady cruise in forth gear at about 65 MPH....stomp the gas for a few seconds and WOW! I can't believe that she's 31 years old!

I've got the dumbest grin and I can't get rid of it!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It IS truly medicinal.......life's worth livin'...........

How about 65 MPH in 3rd,..then step on it to redline,..wind through 4th....WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5th becomes truly top side...

Best,
Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
LaughaC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's great!!!

My 911 had tall crappy 14" tires on it when I bought it and it was downright scary to drive around corners. At first I thought the ridiculous sliding was just something I would have to learn to overcome. There was so much wiggly sidewall that the car tilted and leaned long before the suspension had a chance to flex.

The silver lining came when I switched to high-performance low-profile tires a month or two later and, like you, discovered what an incredible car I had bought.

Congrats!!

Quick Reply: Finally...the way it's supposed to be!