Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

My new Car 911RS America

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 AM
dsmith
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jturbo
I am going to be hillclimbing the car in the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association.
Awesome! I drove my SC for a year, couldn't stand it anymore, and made it a race car. Now, I'm thinking of converting to a rally car (my true love, rip CM)for rally-america vintage class. When I lived in OH, I ran road rallies with the Blue Ridge Mountain Club in PA, but never realized there were hill climb events.
Enjoy.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by 1986951
Whooo Haa! VERRRRYYYY NICE!!!

Did those 964's have the Dual Mass Flywheel, and the odd Dizzy for dual plug heads? If so, just a couple of things to check up on... IIRC, the Distributor Belt failure could get 'Spensive???
The RSAs have a dual mass flywheel from the factory like any other US 964. The "real" RS in Europe had a single mass flywheel. The early dual mass flywheels on 964s were a problem, but by the time the RSA rolled out Porsche had changed suppliers. Doesn't mean the newer ones can't go bad, but I'm sure jturbo would know by now if it were bad, major clunk when loading/unloading.

As for the distributor belt, probably a good idea to change it every 60k or so. I've seen em go way longer but it would be good for piece of mind. If the belt breaks it's bad, one lower plug will continually fire if the rotor gets stuck in the "right" place, basically acting like and arc welder and causing big damage. The factory released a vent hose kit to help exttend the life of the belt, your car probably has it, look for a white plastic hose coming out of the dizzy running to the heater blower tube. You should probably check w/ the 964 board if you have more questions.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hillclimbing gave me visions of long travel cars, insane articulation, 40" Micky Thompson tires, KC lights, home grown brushguards, and giant shock towers 'out the fenders...I like your idea better.

Quick Reply: My new Car 911RS America