Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Rear bumper rubber block

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 06:09 AM
carlitox
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Rear bumper rubber block

I came down to the garage yesterday, to discover that some b*****d has bumped my car without leaving any kind of note. Fortunately, all damage is that one of the rear bumper rubber blocks is bent. I´ve tried to get it back to its original position, but it still remains "bent". Does someone know how these things attach to the rear bumper and how can they be repaired?

Carlos
Old 07-02-2003, 09:46 AM
Eddie Hotrod
Advanced

They have two bolts that go through to the inside of the bumper, you'll need to take down your heatshield and the bit of trim at the bottom of the bumper to get at them. You're very unlikely to straighten it out nicely, probably better off buying a new one. I removed mine and filled in the holes, didn't like the look of them and they collected water.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Eddie Hotrod
Advanced

BTW, they'll probably be really rusty.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:32 AM
Tim K
Advanced

I think there are 3 nuts (13mm?) unless the smaller Euro Style bumpers only got two. Those rubber bumpers are not cheap to replace. You might be able to get at the nuts w/o removing the valence. You could try to locate a good used one at an auto wrecker. As they age though the rubber tends to develop 'acne' (little pock marks all over), but good used one can be found. Rotten Luck. Hope it goes well.

Quick Reply: Rear bumper rubber block