Lancaster911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grats
Old 07-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Hooverwi
Instructor

Congrats! I was there and your car was/is BEAUTIFUL! I was parked over in the parking coral - I'm not worthy!!!!! Wow......
Old 07-10-2007, 11:17 PM
DARISC
Racer

Congrats!
Well deserved!
Beautiful car!
Love the color!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Brett,

Congrats on your win! This is excellent. I remember when you bought this car and posted the first pics on Rennlist of your then new purchase. It's wonderfull to see you bring this car back to concours standards.

As an amature concours judge, I fully understand all the hard work to get a class win in concours. Bringing a driver type car up to concours standards is insanely hard work and hats off to you for doing that to your SC.

Also, the color combo works very well in your favor. I think as judges, we see so many red/black/white color cars that once an odd ball color scheme (that's a compliment BTW coming from someone like me who loves these freak color combos - the weirder the better) comes along, we tend to view these cars more favorably.

Great job.

However, welcome to the world of concours... I have a 964 that I used to drive, but it's gotten competitive enough and so near perfect in a few areas, I refuse to drive it and mess it up...! Looks like you are headed in the same direction...!

Jay
90 964, 84 3.2
Old 07-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Brett San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay H
Brett,

Congrats on your win! This is excellent. I remember when you bought this car and posted the first pics on Rennlist of your then new purchase. It's wonderfull to see you bring this car back to concours standards.

As an amature concours judge, I fully understand all the hard work to get a class win in concours. Bringing a driver type car up to concours standards is insanely hard work and hats off to you for doing that to your SC.

Also, the color combo works very well in your favor. I think as judges, we see so many red/black/white color cars that once an odd ball color scheme (that's a compliment BTW coming from someone like me who loves these freak color combos - the weirder the better) comes along, we tend to view these cars more favorably.

Great job.

However, welcome to the world of concours... I have a 964 that I used to drive, but it's gotten competitive enough and so near perfect in a few areas, I refuse to drive it and mess it up...! Looks like you are headed in the same direction...!

Jay
90 964, 84 3.2
Thanks for the comments, Jay (and everyone else). Yeah, I worry about heading in the direction of full concours. At some point, I will be dropping the engine and transmission for some mechanical work. I probably won't be able to put it back in without cleaning it up thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly. Very slippery slope for sure. I have been surfing used 911's regularly, thinking it might be nice to have the daily driver in addition to the show car (like you). Still looking for arrow/royal blue (my first choice when I found the continental orange SC). There was an 82 Targa on ebay recently, but your brown Carrera sticks in my mind, too. I think it would be a great color for a daily driver.

I've been thinking I should start judging, too. Time to give something back to the "sport".

Cheers,
Brett

Quick Reply: I won my class at the Parade Concours!