Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Eccentric Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 AM
der Mond
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Eccentric Alignment

We got the spring plate height eccentrics back to OEM position and I finally figured out the "code" for finding the right index for torsion bars without taking a decade. So the angle on both sides is the same and perfect, 32 degrees different from the door sill angles. Next question: Getting the spring plates fastened back to the banana arms is a little difficult...I start with getting the alignment eccentrics into place and then use them to adjust the plate to get the hold-down bolts. Can the alignment eccentrics be put in wrong? What I mean is, there is not 360 degree rotation once installed, especially for the camber bolt, which has about 180 degrees. For 90 degrees of it's travel it's free and then it bears down and moves the plate or arm. Is that correct? That is wheels off, shock not yet re-attached. So again the question: When reassembling the spring plate to banana arm, is any rotational angle of insertion of the alignment eccentrics OK? How would one do it different if there is a preferred alternative?
Old 06-25-2007, 01:26 PM
mo_gearhead
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think you can install the eccentric bolts wrong (unless you put them on the wrong side which would have the large head outside the adjusting groove and abviously wrong!). Sounds like you are doing it just as I did mine. Once it's all bolted back together, the eccentric bolt will rotate some ways without making any change, only as it makes contact against the arm "slot" will it make the adjustments.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:02 AM
der Mond
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, just needed some assurance. Got everything assembled and sitting right so it's time for the alignment.

Quick Reply: Eccentric Alignment