Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

1966 911 more pics and info

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:24 PM
brakinglate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1966 911 more pics and info

SO my search for another car continues, and here is my first personal look at a car today that I had posted on earlier...Its kinda like a detective story for me...struggling to find any data on these earlier non-s cars...

WHat I am looking for is a price range that accounts for hidden suprises..I was given the following link by the owner and upon checking forums and ebay it seems the low side is very high ?

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...&z=32713&da=-1

WHat I did today was take as many shots as I could..and I found out it has had one owner for 17 years, it has had carb upgrade, but couldnt start or run car, has been left for a long time..it had a bad respray, and the front trunk had a ton of black underdseal coating (not sure if it was factory ?) but it sure could cover a lot up. Numbers matching engine, sunroof, interior was pretty good, needs headliner and carpet.....body is straight, doors shut nicely.....just looks neglected. So in summary, cant drive it or hear it running, and the paint and sealing could be hiding anything....thats ok if I buy it using that as a base.

I am a novice, and I guess I want to make sure that I cover myself on the lowside...my idea with this car is that I want to play with it to learn, and if I want to sell it again as is or later, Im not underwater on the original by too much.

Thx for all you input...Im buying books and reading as fast as I can, but you experts out their sure do help.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: 1966 911 more pics and info