Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

San Diego weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default San Diego weekend

We are spending the weekend speeding up and down silver strand state beach south of hotel del. we are also speeding on the 15, 395, 5, 101, 8, 805, and the 1. if you see us please wave. if you see us in carlsbad, we got the room we wanted. if you see us in the cab shown below, that's me in the driver's seat.
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, youre car almost looks as good as mine
Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

What a fantastic three day weekend. we did the 215, 15, ortega highway, 5, del mar, carlsbad, la jolla, 101, 1, palomar, 56, 206, mission bay, sports arena, North Isand Navel Air, and the ultimate....Silver Strand State Beach, just to name a fiew. about a 400 mile trip. just like 1988 all over again. man, if I wanted to pick up 50 year old woman, I was in the right car. had to beat them of a fiew times....anyway thank guys for helping me with such a great car. I'll post a couple of the highlights just to rub it in.

Now, everyone here knows my sister in law thinks Elvis is still alive and looks good for his age....(yes I married he sister) but now I have been by my wife: "No, that can't be what causes high tide 'cause the moon only comes out at night and it's noon at it is high tide. And that thing about the sun, well it's too far away to have gravity"

So, let's stick to Porsche
Attached Images      
Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that you in the last Pic Doug?

Did you go to the pub and have a few?
Or are you strung out from doing 120 MPH????
Old 05-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

psycho, that 122 with the top down, and yes that is me and no pub visits cause I have a heart condition....and yes a brain one too I guess, dude the car will go 150 with the top up
Old 05-29-2007, 02:25 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

besides the speedometer is optomistic. you should see the photo's I have in my Email at work. I girl crached and fliped her 911 cab at 100 mph. the road rash was clear down to her soul. on a happy note it's a great cruiser. she doesn't get hot, idles well, and romps in a split second.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:06 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

I envy you, and wish I could have been there.

PS. how'd your Sis pull up after her Op???
Old 05-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

She is doing very well. she says she has never felt so warm and healthy. she sound great too. the last thing we did in san diego was go see the new "Pirates of the Carribean" movie. She called me in the middle to ask when we were going to pick up our sons we left there with my mother. she was well enough to not object to them staying, but not well enough to not complain. over all it is going to make her young again. with her heart at a normal rate, not missing beats, she will be much better in every part of life. mom said that even her attitude has improved. kids are wanting a ride to school. thank you for playing, try again.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:24 PM
psychoideas
Drifting

That's Great Doug,
See, It was the positive energy surging up from Australia, pasing through the earth's core, and picking up warmth on it's way.
Glad to hear she is feeling better and that the stress of the operation is now behind her.

On a different note, how was the new Pirates movie?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

the funniest part of the movie was in the opening scene when a young boy that was to be hanged by the neck until dead let his braces show on his teeth. not exactly period correct, but very funny. My wife and I got to see a mid-production viewing of the first Johnny Depp pirates movie. it was pre-digital effects and way cool. they stopped the movie every so often to explain that we should "imagine" how it will look. it was a lot of blue screen with grids and spots. they asked us what they should call the movie and asked for suggestions on plot lines and gave us multiple ending options. when we saw it finnished, at the theatre a year later it was totally different than we remembered. so, how 'bout them Porsches.

Quick Reply: San Diego weekend