Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Boycott Rusnak Porsche Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say that I have had first hand experience where the "OEM" part from another supplier was not the same quality as the part ordered from Porsche at a considerably higher price. I had both parts side by side and there was no doubt in my mind that they were different and the Porsche one was better. The OEM supplier insisted it was the same supplier, same part, same quality. They were just dead wrong.

Now, I'm sure there are parts that are just repackaged and cost more because you get them at the dealer. I'm just saying that this is not always true. We all know that Porsche specifies the quality and features of the parts it gets from its suppliers. We all know that these suppliers go and remake the parts to be private label sort of things. We all know that people like to bend the truth and make a buck. So, I have no reason to believe that OEM suppliers always make their aftermarket parts to the same exact specifications as the factory ordered ones - especially when I have seen first hand that they don't.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see what youre saying, I'll compare the OEM Porsche supplier bushings to the originals on my car and see how different they are.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:20 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

a big hunk o rubber man ...
Old 05-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consider that most of the staff of many Porsche dealerships were in diapers when your car was built, and many of the service techs are only trained on the latest models. Consider also that you might not want to be judged on a single sample of your personality. Not worth the time to be upset about IMO.

Quick Reply: Boycott Rusnak Porsche Dealers