Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

relocated to P.A.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 01:22 AM
m7800
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post relocated to P.A.

I have just been relocated to a new job in king of prussia pa. I am a long time porsche owner and fanatic. could someone please give me the inside scoop on the porsche scene in this area,I am in need of some service and would appreciate a referal because i have had a bad experience with cold calling a shop in the past. any input is much appreciated.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:24 AM
m325ix
Track Day

I am not that far from you,NJ's here.
In your area, Zell German Auto in Newark, DE (302) 455-1141 might be a very good choice! The owner's name is Kenn, very knowledgeble guy. Give him a call. Good luck

Old 11-20-2001, 10:33 AM
Dan Rufer
Advanced

Welcome to Pa. First, the local chapter of the Porsche club is http://www.rtr-pca.org/. While this season is ending, this site will shortly contain all of the events for the upcoming season. The Autocrosses for this last season were held only about ten miles from King of Prussia. And the Poconos for Driver's Education is just two hours up the Northeast Extension. As for Porsche shops, there is one in Devon (Galbreiths (sp?)), West Chester (Doughterys (sp?)), and Malvern (Performance). I have just scheduled a PPI on an '87 Carrera at Performance because they gave me the time of day (and more than once). Good luck and I hope we meet at one of the events. Dan
Old 11-20-2001, 10:41 AM
DGL
AutoX

Call Performance Automotive in Malvern.
(about 10 minutes from KOP)
610-695-9545
3239 Phoenixville Pike

Actually I just showed up unannounced one day, and they were more then happy to give me a complete tour of the shop.

I am a recent new customer who was referred to them by other rennlist members and have no affiliation.

Drew.
88 Coupe
Old 11-20-2001, 03:55 PM
Laura
Pro

Drew,

I saw your post above, How have you been? How's the car? Hope you are enjoying it before the weather turns nasty. Take care.

Laura
Old 11-20-2001, 06:22 PM
DGL
AutoX

Laura:
All is well. LOVE the car. Frantically trying to make room in the garage before the first snow..

For those of you who don't know, I found my car through Laura. One of their customers wanted to make it into a race car, but it is entirely too nice for that, so they sold it to me while they found him a cheap beater. Great customer service and a bigger race budget, life is good for my PO!

If you need work done in Southern CA talk to the folks at Hergesheimer.

If you need to have your car brought from CA to PA talk to Horseless Carriage. I'm not sure if the neighbors were more impressed with my car or the rig it got delivered in!
Old 11-20-2001, 06:39 PM
993chaz
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

I purchased my car from Holt Motorsports. www.holtmotorsports.com

The owner is Tim Holt. Very happy with my experience.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:16 PM
Russ 87 911
Track Day

WELCOME TO THE AREA I WHEN TO TWO DIFFERENT SHOPS WHEN I PURCHASED MY 87 911 TARGA I WENT TILSONS OFF OF LANCASTER AV. IN PHILA VERY THOROUGH PICKED MY CAR TO DEATH MADE ME THINK I BOUGHT A BAD CAR.THEN WENT TO HOLBERTS IN WARRINTON PA.TO GET A SECOND APPINION AND WAS HAPPY TO LEARN THE CLUTCH WAS NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT.3000 MILES LATER THE CAR IS STILL GOING STRONG AFTER A MAJOR TUNE UP AND BRAKES.FOR MY TYPE OF DRIVING (NO AUTOCROSS) HOLBERTS SEEM TO FIT MY BILL.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:57 PM
frankd
Advanced

Welcome to the area . I too work in KOP . Feel free to contact me and I can can you the scoop on thr local PCA scene.

I own a 72 911 coupe that I am preparing for the track.

The previousd post about the guys at performance Automotive is a good bet. Pete and Paul have been around Porsche for a long time and are good to get to know.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply: relocated to P.A.