Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Went for a drive last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 03:32 PM
rentadate
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went for a drive last night

I went for a drive last night so I could procrastinate from doing any more studying for my final. I started by going up towards Jamestown, a small town out here. I got my bearing on that one. When I came down it was about 8PM. I decided to try and trek out to Nederland and meet up with some friends hanging out up there. I started from one of the stop lights next to some kid in a Z06, which is probably not his, but his parent's car. Kid wanted to race me, so I told him, I'll race and see what happens at the end of the road. Z06 smoked me in the straightaways, but when it came to the curves, I caught up to him. The Z06 is a nice car and seems to function well, but not enough to handle all that power in a corner. Kid kept sliding it a little sideways. in the end we got there at about the same time anyways. I still say the Porsche was a much better car. Underpowered compared to the newer vette, but still held its own.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures or videos cause I was by myself. I'm not dumb enough to carry a camera and drive.

I'm going to miss my car when it is in the shop for the next month or so. I've finally got enough money to send it to the shop to get the rust removed and it repainted. After that, I'll try and post some before and after pictures. Stay tuned!

-Nick
Old 05-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 1,068 Posts

I'm not sure what kind of car you have? The new ZO6 will smoke just about any Porsche, so you must have a newer model. Otherwise, you are probably a better driver as well.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:22 PM
rentadate
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its old school. It last weighed in at 1900lbs. I have a newer engine as well. The z06 kid was a little too chicken to understand how that car works. Give him some time and he'll do better. He looked like he was 16. I just thought it was interesting.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Daniel Dudley
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kids shouldn't be driving Z06 Vettes. He could have seriously messed up trying to stay ahead of you.

Quick Reply: Went for a drive last night