Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Fuel Line Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 03:27 PM
JSD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Line Repairs

My new to me 911T has some old and rotting fuel lines. They are especially unhappy with the CA formulated gasoline (car is from out of state) and seem to be melting before my eyes. I must replace these lines before I go nuts waiting to drive the car more!

DESCRIPTION:
1972 911T 2.4 MFI: Inside of the left rear trailing arm, just in front of the torsion bar tube, is a fuel pump in its own little bracket.

There are three lines coming out of the pump. All lines are fabric covered rubber attached by hose clamps on the pump end and by crimped ferrules onto steel lines on the other end. The steel lines head up to the MFI pump.

QUESTION?:
Should I replace the cloth and steel lines as a unit? Part still available?
Or do we (disconnect batteries, disconnect CD leads, drain lines)cut the ferrules off and clamp new high pressure fuel lines at both ends? I know it sounds kind of cobbled together that way - but is it a reasonable repair ? I plan on using the smooth fuel line clamps at both ends (rather than the
radiator type fittings). Maybe the pro wrenches will give me some guidence...

Thanks for the training in 911T ownership.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:37 PM
Kurt V
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No need to replace the steel lines if there are no signs of corrosion. Just replace all the rubber fuel lines. The fuel pump pressure really isn't that high, the MFI pump actually creates the high pressure. Don't forget to replace the fuel lines running off the filter and the cold start enrichment solenoid. If you decide to replace the lines that run to each of the throttle bodies, makes sure you use fuel line and not vacumn line! And be very careful when you pull the lines off, the nylon fittings are NLA!

Quick Reply: Fuel Line Repairs