Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Slant nose conversion anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Brett Jenkins
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Slant nose conversion anyone?

Would anyone be interested in this, if I don't get it myself?

1977 911 slant nose conversion. Updated interior with power seats. Power convertible top, aluminum wheels. Doesn't appear to be Frankensteined.

I talked to the owner today, since the car is fairly close to me. I've always been a fan of the slant nose 911's, but the 1977 in the ad threw me off, I was hoping it was just a misprint, but alas no. It does sound like this was a very well done conversion and the car has been well taken care of. Dr. owned, only about 1k miles on it in the last 2 years (he's 60 and he said he's around 300 pounds, so his Chrysler 300 is more comfortable for him).

He said the paint job is excellent, the interior is great, it runs very well and is mechanically sound. He had a local, well respected 911 shop (Bob Farmer) give it a once-over when he bought it and the only thing it needed was an oil cooler, which Bob fabricated and installed.

He said the only cosmetic thing it needs would be a new top. It's not torn or tattered, just faded.

$15k price range. I'm just not sure I want to get rid of my S4 for this, but maybe....
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A couple hundred guys went crazy when the add went up for this car at @ $26,000. dealer claimed it was real. turned out to be a fake and nobody wanted it and it sold just over $20,000. it was in perfect condition and the year was correct...heck everything was right on.

your car is honest with you up front. no guessing, no hoping, no calling your service guy. it is what it is. it is a hot looking, reworked, fun little rocket. if you like it than $15,000 isn't so bad. it isn't worth that to every guy out there, but screw them, if you like it go for it. I personally love it. slant nose does it for me. the front end is a little over the top, but who cares.

you will look miami vice, and that is all that counts. go for it!
Attached Images   
Old 05-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I love the Slantnose look, heh.
The biggest difference to look for is whether the conversion was done in steel or not.
That one you found looks a bit custom and I guess was once a Targa.
Anyway, if you like the look of that version and the rest of the car checks out alright, I don't think that is too bad.

Marc
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Talking

now that's a slant nose
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh yeah...nice!
I think my favorites are those street DP 935's...

Marc
Old 05-05-2007, 10:44 AM
surfdwn
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a decent price. The main thing to look for is how well the cabriolet conversion was done. I had an '80 slant nose that was a spot-on replica of an '86 slantnose turbo. It started out as a targa and was converted using the factory published conversion (which came out in '81 or '82 as I recall). It was complete with steel fenders and flares, and a complete '86 turbo interior. I really liked the car. The only issue that I had was when I had a problem with the headlights. Make sure you know where the headlight motors came from in case they malfunction.

Enjoy!

David Nolen
'70 911T

Quick Reply: Slant nose conversion anyone?