Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Best Muffler for 79 SC Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Loaded
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy premade it really make a huge difference in manufacturers wallet..........I prefer not to so I employed local industry and had one made for 250. See my other posts with pics
Old 05-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Naitove
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

M+K is great, especally with SSI. Dansk Sport is also nice but a little quieter.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
JV911
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
You cannot beat a Monty (IMHO, of course) and these are built FAR better than anything else.
+1 on the mighty Monty
Old 05-07-2007, 01:37 AM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by chriseis
Thanks for these great advices. Has anybody ever heard something about the dansk sport performane muffler?
I run the Dansk dual out muffler on my 79SC. With the SSI exchangers, it can be loud. I've learned to feather it to keep the note down entering and exiting my subdivision. I'm sure the single out would not be as loud. Since it's not my daily driver, it's perfect for me. And full throttle with the Dansk makes an amazing sound. Here's a sound clip.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/por...4614785-1.html
Old 05-07-2007, 01:45 PM
DARISC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the Dansk dual out w/SSIs on my 82 RoW and love it. At full throttle it's LOUD, but feathered it's acceptable (got pulled over and given a warning recently for air drying my car at too brisk a pace in my neighborhood and the cop said nothing about the muffler being too loud.

It will cause many car alarms to chirp, even when light footing it through parcking lots, and sets off an occasional one into full alarm mode.

Plenty quiet enough for conversation at freeway speeds and doesn't have an annoying drone (at least to my ears), but put the hammer down and conversation stops.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:51 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by DARISC
I've got the Dansk dual out w/SSIs on my 82 RoW and love it. At full throttle it's LOUD, but feathered it's acceptable (got pulled over and given a warning recently for air drying my car at too brisk a pace in my neighborhood and the cop said nothing about the muffler being too loud.

It will cause many car alarms to chirp, even when light footing it through parcking lots, and sets off an occasional one into full alarm mode.

Plenty quiet enough for conversation at freeway speeds and doesn't have an annoying drone (at least to my ears), but put the hammer down and conversation stops.
You're right about alarms chirping and going off. I just cranked mine once at a store, without giving it any gas, and it set off two car alarms a couple spaces over.

Quick Reply: Best Muffler for 79 SC Porsche