Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ooh, turbo-look Targa, very nice.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:20 AM
rnln
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They suck. All old 911 suck. I have to fix/repair/replace/mod different things all the time but I can't let it go, because I just can't. Doesn't it suck?

Originally Posted by theiceman
i think Carreras SUCK !!!!

okay not really, just wanted to keep the thread going so guys could post some nice pics of there cars to prove me wrong ...
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM
VroomGrrl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Steve,

It's great you're back where you clearly belong - in a Carrera! But think about it this way: There are only so many of these things. If people like you didn't occasionally "make the big mistake" - "let it get away" - then other people like me would never get the chance to have them.

The guy I bought my 88 911 from yesterday was very, very sad. While we were out in the car, his wife told my husband that once before, he let somebody come all the way out there with their money to take one of his cars and he changed his mind at the last minute. I feel like we dodged a bullet!

He was clearly very conflicted about letting his 911 go, but he said he only has so much garage space and time to drive, and what time & space he has, he wants to devote to his Reynard race car. WHen it came time for us to go, he doted over the 911, and over me with the car. He sent me with every single thing he had that had anything to do with the 911, all his spares, and all kinds of books and papers.

He even called me when he'd not gotten an "I'm home" call from me and thought we'd been gone quite long enough! (we took lots of detours)

I'm guessing there are several more mid-late 80's Carrera lovers than there are mid-late 80's Carreras. This would explain why it took me months to find one that worked for me. And why I paid for a 20-yr old high maintenance car what I'd pay for a very nice brand new maxed out car. And why there is such a large group of people who've let them go and regret it.

Congrats on getting back into a Carrera! Thanks for sharing the love and letting yours go long ago, and thanks to the guy who let his go so you could enjoy one again

Kathy

Quick Reply: Carreras: Best Porsches Ever