Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Differance between PCA and POC

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 04:17 PM
oceanvue
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differance between PCA and POC

Other than just two differant clubs is their any differacne between the Porsche Club of America and the Porsche Owners Club? Is one into racing and the other into drinking? Is one a older group and one younger? Just curious
Old 04-08-2007, 10:20 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,111 Likes on 794 Posts

never even heard of POC
Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 AM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by oceanvue
Other than just two differant clubs is their any differacne between the Porsche Club of America and the Porsche Owners Club? Is one into racing and the other into drinking? Is one a older group and one younger? Just curious

Although I've been a PCA member since 1984, I never joined POC.

My understanding is PCA has a close affiliation with Porsche NA. Some may say too close given the writeups one often reads in Panorama. POC as I have been told is heavier into racing and track events; not that PCA doesn't have track events as well. I think both groups have all ages represented. Maybe some of the guys heavy into tracking their cars will chime in.

http://www.porscheclub.com/about/POCSummary.shtml
Old 04-09-2007, 04:45 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

It depends on where you are. Oddly, the Los Angeles PCA doesn't do much in terms of track driving events, at least. San Diego and San Francisco PCA chapters are better. The POC is very active in southern California, though -- which probably explains why the PCA does so little.

That's track events, at least. If wine tours, concours, car shows and parades are more your thing, maybe someone more knowledgable will chime in.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I belong to both PCA & POC and I've realized not all PCA chapters are the same, some are more track oriented like POC and some are more of a social gathering club.

Quick Reply: Differance between PCA and POC