Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

Recommendation for a PPI in Glendale, CA

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007 | 05:45 PM
Woodenewe
Intermediate

Default Recommendation for a PPI in Glendale, CA

Hope springs eternal, and I am tracking another 911 after my first effort failed its PPI. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Glendale, CA area for a PPI?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 04-06-2007 | 05:51 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

what did you find? We are all addicts and love new additions to the family. Call the guys over at Performance Products for a recomendation on a shop to check out the new prospect. remember that the most important part of the pre purchase is: how it makes you feal...

douglas

'88 911 cab ven blue met
Old 04-06-2007 | 09:22 PM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

I know I am the owner of the car and should not recommend shops but Glendale is pretty small with respect to Porsche shops. You can try Pasadena, Burbank, or even Los Angeles I am willing to drive out a little so that you can have it taken to the shop you want. Don't be afraid to ask me to drive more than 10 miles if you are really interested in a specific shop.
Old 04-06-2007 | 11:28 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Bob:

Call Callas Rennsport at (310) 370-7038; they are simply excellent. There is nobody with greater integrity and professionalism than Tony Callas as he is VERY thorough.

Please tell him that I sent you.
Old 04-07-2007 | 05:15 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Take it to TRE in North Hollywood, which is very close to Glendale. Dave and the guys will give you a thorough inspection and honest opinion.

www.tremotorsports.com.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2007 | 02:20 PM
nameisbauer
6th Gear

Originally Posted by scottb
Take it to TRE in North Hollywood, which is very close to Glendale. Dave and the guys will give you a thorough inspection and honest opinion.

www.tremotorsports.com.

Good luck!
Same.
Old 04-10-2007 | 10:49 PM
Woodenewe
Intermediate

Hope springs eternal, take 2. It is appearing that the relationship of a "good and better" PPI and my budget is becoming divergent.

But I'll keep looking while thinking more about the ones I've looked at and reject them out of hand.

Thank you again for the leads....

Bob
Old 04-10-2007 | 10:50 PM
Woodenewe
Intermediate

OOPS___

... and NOT reject them out of hand
-B
Old 04-11-2007 | 04:43 AM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Bob: The smartest money you'll ever spend on your Porsche is the money you'll spend on a PPI. Whatever you do, don't buy a car without one.
Old 04-11-2007 | 12:40 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by scottb
Bob: The smartest money you'll ever spend on your Porsche is the money you'll spend on a PPI. Whatever you do, don't buy a car without one.
+1
Old 04-11-2007 | 02:10 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

ouch!!!

douglas

'88 911 cab ven blue met

what is a ppi anyway????

1. does it turn you on?
2. can you turn it in?
3. is it 100% bone stock?
4. did it spent the last 15 years in a barn, in the highest income per capita county in Ohio?
5. do they take checks?
Old 04-11-2007 | 02:11 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

now that's a ppi
Old 04-11-2007 | 06:09 PM
scottb
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by douglas bray
what is a ppi anyway????
P=Pre
P=Purchase
I=Inspection
Old 04-11-2007 | 07:06 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

come on scott, it was funny

douglas
Old 04-12-2007 | 02:12 AM
Oshin11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Woodenewe
Hope springs eternal, take 2. It is appearing that the relationship of a "good and better" PPI and my budget is becoming divergent.

But I'll keep looking while thinking more about the ones I've looked at and reject them out of hand.

Thank you again for the leads....

Bob

Well it seems that Bob might be speaking of my car when he is saying this. I want to make it clear that my car is an excellent car and is not junk. Yes Bob had a PPI done on my car and NO it did not come back stating that the car is in perfect condition. This is obvious because my car IS 20 years old. I will elaborate that my car needs 1 new brake rotor, 2 new tie rods, and 5 engine hoses. It was SUGGESTED by the mechanic (obviously since there is money to be made) that a brake job, front end alignment, and upgrade to turbo tie rods be done at the same time. I will state that I am sure that my brakes have >40% left and probably >50% left on them. However, all the repairs + SUGGESTED upgrades were quoted by this mechanic at 1650.00 USD in total with parts and labor. I said that I would drop this price off the cost and pay for the included upgrades even though its not really my responsibility. IF it is in fact MY car that Wood is speaking of, he is miles off as these issues are not anywhere close to major. My compression check came through with flying colors and as the mechanic quoted himself "This car is a good car, it is showing the signs of the correct mileage on the car" which is 123K miles. That being said, I am not sure if it is in fact my car that Wood is speaking of. I know that it can be discouraging when you find out that a car you want to buy needs repairs but this is how Porsche goes, they are not brand new cars. It seems that with 9 posts under his belt, Wood may be new to Porsche (not sure) and thus unaware of what is and is not a serious issue with a PPI on a Porsche. Heck I know that from the time when I bought my first P-Car until now, there is a world of difference in my P-Car knowledge. I just had to defend my car, no hard feelings at all And again I am not exactly sure if thats what Wood was intending. My car is still for sale and I will take car of all the repairs and hopefully Wood is still considering my car. Can anyone please validate my statement?

Quick Reply: Recommendation for a PPI in Glendale, CA